Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

341 - 360 of 400 Posts

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,774 Posts
The run out to Big Pine Family Campground is 450 miles one way for me. A bit far for me and my currently long work days. Have fun, those who go, and I hope to join a future run. I look forward to seeing the pictures too.

For now here’s a pic from Titus Canyon in Death Valley from a couple of years back, and before I put a rack on my roof.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Just a reminder... Next Saturday, June 27th Big Pine Campground, Big Bear.

We'll be running several trails, throughout the day and returning home, Sunday... with overnight camping.

Join us!

Bob

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
1,295 Posts
Just a reminder... Next Saturday, June 27th Big Pine Campground, Big Bear.

We'll be running several trails, throughout the day and returning home, Sunday... with overnight camping.

Join us!

Bob
Have fun - I'd love to go; however, due to the COVID-19 thing I'm staying away from gatherings of all types. I know some of you think I'm being silly and/or stupid that the virus isn't all that bad and some think it isn't even real. My hope is that I'm wrong and (those that think different from me) are right.

Reactions: Patrick-A51

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Have fun - I'd love to go; however, due to the COVID-19 thing I'm staying away from gatherings of all types. I know some of you think I'm being silly and/or stupid that the virus isn't all that bad and some think it isn't even real. My hope is that I'm wrong and (those that think different from me) are right.

I hate to say this but due to my health issues that I have COPD my wife and I have been following the COVID-19 restrictions very close. I know that my wife and I are both well and don't have the virus but it sure feels funny to watch the world go by on the television. We are of an age group that is affected by this virus. Russ you're not wrong.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
That's cool. I get it.

We just picked up a Hearland Terry Classic, V22 camp trailer, so we'll be on the road, even more. Mostly BLM camping, as this thing is off grid sustainable... or will be, very soon!

2019_Heartland_TerryClassic_TT.jpg

Not taking the trailer, on this trip, but I'll post pix, when we get back :)

Bob

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
That's cool. I get it.

We just picked up a Hearland Terry Classic, V22 camp trailer, so we'll be on the road, even more. Mostly BLM camping, as this thing is off grid sustainable... or will be, very soon!

View attachment 225151

Not taking the trailer, on this trip, but I'll post pix, when we get back :)

Bob
That's perfect for Tuttle Creek BLM.

Reactions: Diboblo

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I hate to say this but due to my health issues that I have COPD my wife and I have been following the COVID-19 restrictions very close. I know that my wife and I are both well and don't have the virus but it sure feels funny to watch the world go by on the television. We are of an age group that is affected by this virus. Russ you're not wrong.
Hey Pat and Russ stay as safe as you personally deem possible.

I gotta say though since i'm supposedly also at that vulnerable age, i have not altered nor do i intend to alter my normal routine.
Never wore a mask nor far as i know haven't caught that virus but i have hand sanitized when ever needed.
Could just be luck or possibly the fact that i have O+ blood type.
Who knows why some get it and some either do not or they don't show symptoms.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Hey Pat and Russ stay as safe as you personally deem possible.

I gotta say though since i'm supposedly also at that vulnerable age, i have not altered nor do i intend to alter my normal routine.
Never wore a mask nor far as i know haven't caught that virus but i have hand sanitized when ever needed.
Could just be luck or possibly the fact that i have O+ blood type.
Who knows why some get it and some either do not or they don't show symptoms.
I personally feel that the news media has made the Covid-19 Manufactured Chaos, Just like the BS about NASCAR.( I have not watched NASCAR since they allowed Toyota Camry race when they use an engine that's not available in their cars.) Don't get me started. I only use a mask when I go somewhere that I will be around people that I don't know. My wife has had problems with her knee replacement, and falling of the top of a Semi, doesn't help much either and to have COPD, enough said. My wife and I do want to start coming to these get togethers so as time goes on we will see what progresses. And I have type O+ too lol

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Hey Pat i agree 100% with that.
IMO and MO only, i think all of this crap going on now including lately the anarchy whether by design or not is a plan to prevent the prez from getting re-elected.
I also think the chicoms released the virus on the world on purpose to destroy the great economy that was because the prez has been a burr under their saddle.

Far as the masks, my un-scientific poll when i go into stores around here 1 out of a 100 people are wearing masks.
I think most sane people are getting fed up with all of this BS going on.

Yeah read a couple articles on blood type immunities vs. Covid.
What really was interesting is a month or so ago i seen a TV news reporter interviewing a couple that got stranded for weeks on one of those cruise ships.
The husband got Covid apparently real bad. The wife nothing and at the end of that interview she said she had type O blood and thought that was the reason she didn't catch the virus. So who knows what the hell is going on.

I recently asked my doctor what blood type i had who told me it was type O+.
I mentioned to him there's some speculation out there that certain blood types are more resistant to virus and other infections.
He seemed to poo poo that idea.
But then when i asked him what are the differences between blood types....
...his instant answer were anti-bodies in the blood and then he went silent.

If i still lived in Southern Cali it would be a great honor to be there with you all for those cool trail rides.
Instead i'll have to settle for the pictures.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #352 (Edited)
are you guys mostly SoCal?
Bald, 2wk ago.
View attachment 225255
SoCal, central valley (Owens river valley), eastern sierras, death valley.

Just spent the day in San Bernardino National Forest on:

Coxey Road
NF-3N16
NF-3N14
NF-3N09
NF-3N10
NF-3N08 what a nightmare, but we pulled it off!

...and a few others.

Oh... also, Holcomb Valley Pioneer Trail. Will post pix, Sunday.

Bob

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Pioneer trail, off of 2N09 Polique Canyon Road:

Placer mine

20200627_114411.jpg

Van Dusen cabin

20200627_122312.jpg
20200627_122417.jpg
20200627_122529.jpg

Gold ore grinder

20200627_122719.jpg

Ross Grave

20200627_123426.jpg
20200627_123659.jpg

Red House complex by 3N16 and Poluque Canyon Road

20200627_141504.jpg

Headed up 3N08. We had no idea what we were in for...

20200627_152329.jpg

3N08... a deep, rocky, one lane trail. Suspension, all the way up, from this point, on

20200627_152519.jpg

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
3N08

20200627_152941.jpg
20200627_153249.jpg
20200627_153252.jpg

A strip mining operation, adjacent to 3N08, in the background

20200627_155457.jpg

Then, this insane rocky, downhill patch, right after the strip mine view

VideoCapture_20200628-171336.jpg

Finally, some much needed r&r, in the woods, after we met back up with 3N16

20200627_163014.jpg

We had a late lunch and spent a couple hours in the trees... relaxing.

Good times.

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
1,295 Posts
Bob, thanks for the photos. It looks like I missed another great trip. Damn COVID-19.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Nice!

I've actually started to leave at std except until i NEED ground clearance. OR2 just eats up your suspension travel and makes the ride super harsh and thus 3-wheels much easier.

Thanks for sharing pics that looks like a lot of fun!
We actually found a dispersed camp site on 3N08 that we're going back to. It is North of the harsh terrain and South of 3N16.

Probably hit that up in a couple of weeks :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Inyo Forest is CLOSED.

All our camp reservations... cancelled.

Day tripped from Bridgeport, California to Bodie State Historic Park. The trip took us down Masonic Road to Chemung Mine, Upper Masonic and Lower Masinic... then to Bodie Ghost Town and Lee vining.

All day, in the dirt.

Camping on private land, for a few days.

Smoke is ridiculous.

Check it out:

20200927_144258.jpg
20200927_143950.jpg
20200927_144144.jpg
20200927_143830.jpg
20200927_143758.jpg
20200927_143723.jpg

341 - 360 of 400 Posts