Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

381 - 400 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
607DAC4A-097A-46BD-9227-9901E70DFFCF.png haha i just call it crazy camping so they know what’s coming. Spent a few days in Death Valley with them 12/18-22. Entered north through Eureka dunes, dedecha to saline dunes, UP Lippincott rd to the racetrack. Down to Stovepipe, Titus Canyon to Cottonwood springs and home.

The silence is astonishing. That was my biggest takeaway 😄

·
Registered
55 Posts
Making my wife cry at Bald mtn.

YUP. I'm 99% of the time on standard height until, as you say, you gotta clear a boulder undernear. No clunking issue here though. I do think our shocks have ZERO rebound damping so it can feel springy with the bags filled up.
There is some suspension in the OR I and you get a couple inches of lift, then it will take less time to go to OR II

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Heading to Trona Pinnacles, very soon.

Just installed my GOBI roof rack and Voyager roof top tent. Ready to hit the road.

We'll be hitting up Trona Pinnacles, Alabama Hills and 3N08 San Bernardino National Forest.

Can't wait!

20210213_123740.jpg
20210213_123600.jpg
20210213_123525.jpg

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,774 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got a Gobi stealth from a neighbor that was doing a lease return. Too good of a deal to pass up even though I was eyeing the Chief rack. I feel the weight of it even w/o RTT. I do feel it helps with sprung:unsprung weight ratio with heavier tires, during my daily commute.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Inyo Forest is CLOSED.

All our camp reservations... cancelled.

Day tripped from Bridgeport, California to Bodie State Historic Park. The trip took us down Masonic Road to Chemung Mine, Upper Masonic and Lower Masinic... then to Bodie Ghost Town and Lee vining.

All day, in the dirt.

Camping on private land, for a few days.

Smoke is ridiculous.

Check it out:

View attachment 227761 View attachment 227762 View attachment 227763 View attachment 227764 View attachment 227765 View attachment 227766
I'm Jealous want to get out and put some miles on my JGC Trail Rate TraiHawk.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
I'm Jealous want to get out and put some miles on my JGC Trail Rate TraiHawk.
We're headed back to the Pinnacles, in about 3 weeks... then to Alabama Hills.

Prolly camp at Trona, on Friday. Camp at Alabama Hills, Saturday.

It's a great time to go!

You can take a 12 mile trail, to the Pinnacles (we did), or all asphalt, then a 1 mile groomed dirt road. Either way, good times...

Bob

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
Also, call the Ranger office, for closures and fire pit info. I went online and got a free wilderness campfire permit, and their weather info was spot on.

Bob

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Bob
I have been dealing with health issues. I went out to go to the doctor and of course the battery's in the Jeep Grand Cherokee were dead. Thank god they're covered under warranty. Went to drive my Truck. Check engine light came on. DEF Pump and tank went south on me they replaced the tank and the DEF Pump, under warranty.
Any way DM when you're going to go to the Pinnacles or Trona or Alabama hills, if I'm doing better maybe my wife and I will head that way and we can do some offloading in the JGC it only has 501 miles on it now.LOL :unsure: 🤪 by the time we would get up to the Lone Pine area it might have almost a 1,000 on it. LOL

Reactions: Diboblo

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Hey where is everybody? I drove my JGC again yesterday. Anyway I'm thinking of putting new shoes on my Jeep. I want some good tires, it has 265/60R 18 BSW, Goodyear Wranglers, These are the OEM from the factory tires on 501 miles on them. Any suggestions I'm going to start doing some very soft core off Road so I can teach my wife I'm thinking of getting BF Goodrich Tires. Because I can get a good pricing on them. (employee)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Hey where is everybody? I drove my JGC again yesterday. Anyway I'm thinking of putting new shoes on my Jeep. I want some good tires, it has 265/60R 18 BSW, Goodyear Wranglers, These are the OEM from the factory tires on 501 miles on them. Any suggestions I'm going to start doing some very soft core off Road so I can teach my wife I'm thinking of getting BF Goodrich Tires. Because I can get a good pricing on them. (employee)
The BGF A/T is ubiquitous, but because it's a decent tire, for the price point. I ran them, years ago. They can be noisy, on the highway.

I know @Russinator was happy with the tires he upgraded to. Maybe he'll chime in.

Bob

·
Registered
JGC
358 Posts
Mopar Tire Sale through 4/30/21 ... Buy 3 get 1 for $1. Just got back from Discount Tire and they price matched for the Toyo Open Country AT3 265/65R18 which, luckily, the local warehouse had in stock so they'll be at the shop tomorrow. My 2nd choice was the Falken Wildpeak AT3''s if they couldn't get the Toyo's. @Russinator as the Wildpeak's which are great tires also. Unfortunately, if your set on the KO2's, they're not included in the Mopar Sale. Though, if your only going to do light off-roading, then the KO2's are overkill, but if your employee pricing is significantly less than the Mopar Sale price, then why not get them if your fine with the heavier tire and more pronounced road noise.
Also, when I bought the Trailhawk wheels/tires (1000 miles) off Craigslist, I had no trouble selling the stock Trailhawk Goodyear kelvar tires on Craigslist.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Mopar Tire Sale through 4/30/21 ... Buy 3 get 1 for $1. Just got back from Discount Tire and they price matched for the Toyo Open Country AT3 265/65R18 which, luckily, the local warehouse had in stock so they'll be at the shop tomorrow. My 2nd choice was the Falken Wildpeak AT3''s if they couldn't get the Toyo's. @Russinator as the Wildpeak's which are great tires also. Unfortunately, if your set on the KO2's, they're not included in the Mopar Sale. Though, if your only going to do light off-roading, then the KO2's are overkill, but if your employee pricing is significantly less than the Mopar Sale price, then why not get them if your fine with the heavier tire and more pronounced road noise.
Also, when I bought the Trailhawk wheels/tires (1000 miles) off Craigslist, I had no trouble selling the stock Trailhawk Goodyear kelvar tires on Craigslist.
I'm going to do some light off roading to begin with so I can learn and teach my wife also.. We bought thew Jeep as a toad to pull behind our RV and decided that we were not going to pull it behind the RV. I want a tire that will stand up to offload conditions and from what I have read here lately there is a wide range to choose from. I just need to get the current conditions to open up a little bit. Meaning health another things. Also the Jeep is still going to be one of our daily drivers.

Reactions: Diboblo

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
I'm going to do some light off roading to begin with so I can learn and teach my wife also.. We bought thew Jeep as a toad to pull behind our RV and decided that we were not going to pull it behind the RV. I want a tire that will stand up to offload conditions and from what I have read here lately there is a wide range to choose from. I just need to get the current conditions to open up a little bit. Meaning health another things. Also the Jeep is still going to be one of our daily drivers.
We're still running the OEM kevlars.

Just about due for new rubber, so your post is good timing.

We stick to established trail overlanding and love it! No rock crawling, but some more aggressive tires would be nice.

We're headed to Shoshone, Dearh Valley Junction, North Death Valley, next month. Going to The Racetrack and going to try seeing/photographing some jets at Jedi Transition.

Should be a good time...

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
We're still running the OEM kevlars.

Just about due for new rubber, so your post is good timing.

We stick to established trail overlanding and love it! No rock crawling, but some more aggressive tires would be nice.

We're headed to Shoshone, Dearh Valley Junction, North Death Valley, next month. Going to The Racetrack and going to try seeing/photographing some jets at Jedi Transition.

Should be a good time...
Are the OEM tires Goodyear tires? The OEM tires that are on my 2019 JGC TrailHawk are Goodyear Tires. The ones that are on my Ram 2500 Laramie are Firestone Brand. I’m thinking of switching the tires on my truck to B.F. Goodrich Tires there is 8946 miles on the tires on the truck. But I don’t really need to change them yet still got good tread depth on them. Again I don’t need to replace the tires on either vehicle at this time but was thinking about getting it done and out of the way. On my old pick up truck I got a little more than 110,000 miles out of the tires that I used to replace the OEM Tires. They were the B.F. Goodrich Tires.

381 - 400 of 400 Posts