Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
How do we become supporting members of this forum ?

·
Super Moderator
8,318 Posts
How do we become supporting members of this forum ?
That's not a direct option in the forum's current form since it transitioned to the current owners. What you can do, however, is support the forum vendor sponsors with your business when they can fill a need you may have.

Jim
Forum Moderator

·
Registered
37 Posts
I believe that I was a supporting member of the previous forum but I can’t find my recites

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
841 Posts
My wife and I are going to Joshua Tree next week. I know it's short notice but I hope some of you will join us. We're staying over night at the Joshua Tree Inn (Tuesday the 14th of January). Driving the trails Tuesday and Wednesday. Here's a link to the Inn where we'll be spending the night. Hoping to see some of you there - Russ The Joshua Tree Inn | Joshua Tree National Park | Joshua Tree CA

·
Registered
37 Posts
My wife and I have camped at Joshua Tree National Park several times really enjoy it there. We have a prior commitment next week so we can't go have a safe trip enjoy yourselves.

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
841 Posts
We made it there and back (stayed over night at the Joshua Tree Inn). It was pretty cold at the top of Keys Peak but the view was specular.

Attachments

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
841 Posts
Two months ago I went to Lone Pine with Bob and his wife (Bob's the guy who started this thread). Sadly, at that time, my wife wasn't able to join us. After seeing my pictures she wants us to return with her, therefore, we are going to go back in February to see those mountains covered in snow. We'd love for you join us.
0000 Lone Pine.png

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where are you going to stay while you're in Lone Pine, my wife and I like to camp at the BLM Campground Tuttle Creek. We used to stay there all the time in our RV. Do you just go for the day or do you make a weekend of it?

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
841 Posts
Where are you going to stay while you're in Lone Pine, my wife and I like to camp at the BLM Campground Tuttle Creek. We used to stay there all the time in our RV. Do you just go for the day or do you make a weekend of it?
I'm not 100% sure about where we'll stay. I have to check out Quality Inn and Best Western. Last November we stayed at the Dow Villa which was nice due to it's location, it seemed to be in the center of town - everything was a short walk from the motel. We're not set up for camping yet. I'm giving a lot of thought to getting the new Chief roof rack and a roof top tent (but that's a few months away). Chief has just opened up pre-orders for their new WK2 roof rack - they say they'll ship on Feb 21st. For next month I'm thinking about staying 3 nights; driving the trails around Lone Pine on the 2nd day and Mammoth/June the 3rd day. As for the days we'll be there I'm waiting to see the weather forecasts. BTW I took the photos below off the internet to show you the roof rack and RRT (they are not mine).

0000-1.png 0000-2.png 0000-3.png
0000-1.png
0000-2.png
0000-3.png

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you have a link to the Chief website?
The photo’s look great thanks for posting them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
841 Posts
I'm saving up for the Gobi rack... then a rooftop tent... then Chief rick rails!

You think the Gobi rack is better? If it is I'd better look into it.

WK2 Off-Road Accessories & Gear | Chief Products

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
841 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
121 - 136 of 136 Posts