Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts
I'm not familiar with anything around the terms for CPO, unfortunately. Honestly, I've never bought a used vehicle. But I do know the break on Maximum Care for CPO comes because of the level of vetting that CPO brings to the table. Remember, extended service contracts are a form of insurance and the CPO process provides a better picture for the actuaries who determine the price (premium) for the plans.

Reactions: JMak97008

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm not familiar with anything around the terms for CPO, unfortunately. Honestly, I've never bought a used vehicle. But I do know the break on Maximum Care for CPO comes because of the level of vetting that CPO brings to the table. Remember, extended service contracts are a form of insurance and the CPO process provides a better picture for the actuaries who determine the price (premium) for the plans.
Thanks...Im gonna start really crunching numbers now and see if maybe buying new at 0% financing might not get me close to what I'd be playing for a used car. This is starting to turn into a fun process.

·
Registered
2017 Summit, California Edition Hemi
41 Posts
I also talked to the folks at Ziegler about MaxCare and gave me food for thought related to buying a vehicle within the 3/36 or outside of the 3/36. Appears MaxCare plan terms and prices change depending on whether youre within that factory warranty window. Also, cool is that if you buy a CPO vehicle, you can get a heavily discounted MaxCare plan.
My '17 only has 20k miles that I bought 3 weeks ago and since it was out of factory 3/36 I was still able to get a 5yr/75k mile which gives warranty till 2026 and 100k miles. It was about $1000 more than if it was still under 3/36 but for what I got this Jeep for, I'm still ahead dollar wise. I got my warranty through https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com for less than Zieglers and they came to my workplace and did the inspection there. can't get any easier than that!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My '17 only has 20k miles that I bought 3 weeks ago and since it was out of factory 3/36 I was still able to get a 5yr/75k mile which gives warranty till 2026 and 100k miles. It was about $1000 more than if it was still under 3/36 but for what I got this Jeep for, I'm still ahead dollar wise. I got my warranty through https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com for less than Zieglers and they came to my workplace and did the inspection there. can't get any easier than that!
Thanks for the info.

And, yeah, based on what Ziegler's told me today, your source above is like $400 cheaper.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the info.

And, yeah, based on what Ziegler's told me today, your source above is like $400 cheaper.
Yep and if you send them your email you can get an additional $185 off which covered the $100 inspection fee. I was looking at an ‘18 Summit as well because of it still being under 3/36 but I got mine for $3500 less and it has more options so that made it for me. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did you complete the online application or end up talking to someone?

Im playing with the online application, but the site keeps adding an "Auto Appearance Care" upgrade for $325 that I can't seem to get rid of.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Now that I am also looking at new, I'm wondering if FCA will extend it's current 0% 72-month interest promotion beyond 3/1/21. Is there a way to check that?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did you complete the online application or end up talking to someone?

Im playing with the online application, but the site keeps adding an "Auto Appearance Care" upgrade for $325 that I can't seem to get rid of.
I just filled out the online app and unchecked those added options because I didn't want them. They contacted me via email to confirm and then the inspection company called me to setup the appointment to inspect it. It was that easy.

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts
Now that I am also looking at new, I'm wondering if FCA will extend it's current 0% 72-month interest promotion beyond 3/1/21. Is there a way to check that?
No vehicle manufacturer is going to pre-announce things like future incentives...they want you to buy "now".

·
Registered
21 JGC Overland and 18 Audi SQ5
20 Posts
FWIW we decided it was time to move on from our 11 VW Touareg and decided on a 2021 JGC Overland because it seemed like current inventory within 200 miles of Rochester didn't have a lot of 2019 CPO JGC Overlands to choose from. Asking prices were in the low $40K's. Even 2018 CPO JGC Overlands were in upper $30K's.

On a purchase of a $51,455 Overland you could get $1,000 off sticker and if you took the 0%/72 month financing all you get is a $500 Chrysler Retail Incentive.

I was able to work with a local dealer to get the Overland for $50K and lease for 3 years with a total of $4,250 in Incentives with a Residual of $27,775, the money factor was decent on the lease of .0018 (4.32% APR) and Interest on the 36 Lease payments is less than $500 (put $10K from selling Touareg towards Cap reduction on the JGC so is only $310/month).

We drive our vehicles 8 to 10 years so I may be wrong but this is a better deal than 0%/72 month financing and I can buy a 3 year old JCG from myself at end of this lease for $27,775 plus tax, a lot less than what I can find within 200 miles of Rochester, NY.

If my math is wrong we still really like this vehicle so don't mind being stuck with the JGC for next 3 years.

Last summer bought a 2018 Audi SQ5 CPO with 20K miles, was like new. $63K new and bought for $45K with full factory Warranty to 4/2023 with no mileage restrictions, that car deprecated more than the JGC so used made more sense

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Im hemming and hawing now whether to go for a 4Runner or a JGC. 4Runner has the reliability, I think some advantages in off roading, but, they dont offer financing like FCA and their pricing is high. Meanwhile, like most Chrysler products, you get great value in their products with a boatload of amenities and a solid off road system. Im leaning towards buying new, so I dont care if I finance for 60 or 72 months 'cuz Im going to keep this vehicle for at least 6 years anyway.

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts
Drive them both and examine how your kidneys feel afterward...including in the back seats while someone else is driving. They are completely different kind of vehicles.

Reactions: JMak97008

·
Registered
20 Posts
I spent a week a year ago in Montana with my 2 boys driving to a few different ski areas, one of my boys who lives there drove us around in his brand new 2020 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab truck which I think is same if not very similar to the 4-Runner platform, it was nice but not in same ballpark to how comfortable to drive and ride in as our new JGC Overland.

I've just recently joined here but I see lots of Jeep owner's with 100K or even 200K + miles on their Jeeps, like any car you need to take care of them properly and use quality components to maintain your Jeep and they appear to last for many, many years. Beat on a Toyota and you will have problems too

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I spent a week a year ago in Montana with my 2 boys driving to a few different ski areas, one of my boys who lives there drove us around in his brand new 2020 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab truck which I think is same if not very similar to the 4-Runner platform, it was nice but not in same ballpark to how comfortable to drive and ride in as our new JGC Overland.

I've just recently joined here but I see lots of Jeep owner's with 100K or even 200K + miles on their Jeeps, like any car you need to take care of them properly and use quality components to maintain your Jeep and they appear to last for many, many years. Beat on a Toyota and you will have problems too
Thanks for the comparison and your insight.

Regarding your Overland, how is the interior fit and finish? My experience with Chrysler products has left me a with a bitter taste involving squeaky, vibrating, noisy interior finishes, so I'm wondering about the cabin noice from fit and finish (as opposed to raod noise).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Drive them both and examine how your kidneys feel afterward...including in the back seats while someone else is driving. They are completely different kind of vehicles.
Sounds like a 4Runner might be like riding in a Wrangler...used to own one and worst experience was driving 3 hours home with what turned out to be a fractured rib. Good times!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the comparison and your insight.

Regarding your Overland, how is the interior fit and finish? My experience with Chrysler products has left me a with a bitter taste involving squeaky, vibrating, noisy interior finishes, so I'm wondering about the cabin noice from fit and finish (as opposed to raod noise).
Our JGC Overland has been in our garage only since last Saturday afternoon but from the first time I opened the door to test drive one I thought the interior was well designed and fit/finish appears to be top notch. The ride with the air suspension is really nice, could use a little less body roll IMO but we are used to a 2011 Touareg (2 1/2 tons of SUV) that handled like a German sports car but trade off was it was not as smooth going straight. Go look at one at your local Jeep dealer for yourself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Our JGC Overland has been in our garage only since last Saturday afternoon but from the first time I opened the door to test drive one I thought the interior was well designed and fit/finish appears to be top notch. The ride with the air suspension is really nice, could use a little less body roll IMO but we are used to a 2011 Touareg (2 1/2 tons of SUV) that handled like a German sports car but trade off was it was not as smooth going straight. Go look at one at your local Jeep dealer for yourself.
Thanks and congrats on the purchase!

Im testing a few different trims this weekend as Ive narrowed my look to a Trailhawk and Limited/Overland with ORAII.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts