Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Jeep Trackhawk
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone pulled out their spare tire? I took mine out the other day and was pretty surprised by the sticker on the wheel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I pulled mine out last night, the sticker was in English. Betting they grabbed the wrong label or tire for yours... Was intended for export.

I AM very disappointed that the tow package no longer comes with a full size spare...

Doesn't make sense that they include a compact spare as part of a tow package when you really shouldn't tow with it!

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
I pulled mine out last night, the sticker was in English. Betting they grabbed the wrong label or tire for yours... Was intended for export.

I AM very disappointed that the tow package no longer comes with a full size spare...

Doesn't make sense that they include a compact spare as part of a tow package when you really shouldn't tow with it!

My 2012 SRT didn’t come with a full size spare either...

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
My 2012 SRT didn’t come with a full size spare either...
Our 2015 did, though I should qualify and say its not full size as in 295, I think its 265 or 260, so its definitely not as large as the main 4, but it was still a full size, able to drive on for as long as needed, didn't change suggested speed limits etc.

This new one is a compact spare that indicates you should not go above 80MPH for more than a few miles...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Our 2015 did, though I should qualify and say its not full size as in 295, I think its 265 or 260, so its definitely not as large as the main 4, but it was still a full size, able to drive on for as long as needed, didn't change suggested speed limits etc.

This new one is a compact spare that indicates you should not go above 80MPH for more than a few miles...

I might be wrong but I think in 2015 that’s spare would only fit the rear and couldn’t go on the front because the size of the break caliper.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I might be wrong but I think in 2015 that’s spare would only fit the rear and couldn’t go on the front because the size of the break caliper.
You are correct, which is a pain but still, IMO, better than a temporary, cant go over 80MPH temp tire...

·
Registered
2018 GC Limited 4x4
45 Posts
My 2018 JGC Limited with tow pack came with a full size spare.
It was advertised that way also

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
My 2018 JGC Limited with tow pack came with a full size spare.
It was advertised that way also
Weird, must be a SRT / TrackHawk thing... Window Sticker specifically says "Compact Spare" as part of the tow package... :mad:

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Sure enough, Full size for Summit, Compact for SRT and TrackHawk (For $200 more!)... :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
Trackhawk
6 Posts
I want a spare but don’t want to cough up for oem. Anyone find a rim and tire combo that will clear the brakes and would fit in me empty spare tire compartment in the trunk?

·
Registered
Trackhawk
158 Posts
I'll get a spare as soon as I get rid of these crappy Pirelli run flats. At most that will be another ~7k miles for me. I'm sure my tire dealer will be able to find me a wheel that will fit and I'll just use one of the old Pirelli's for the spare tire. At least the Pirellis are good for something.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
I'll get a spare as soon as I get rid of these crappy Pirelli run flats. At most that will be another ~7k miles for me. I'm sure my tire dealer will be able to find me a wheel that will fit and I'll just use one of the old Pirelli's for the spare tire. At least the Pirellis are good for something.

You could use an old OEM pirelli as a spare but you won’t be able to fit it under the rear cover where spare sits currently.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
I'm just curious if any TH owner that has the compact spare with the black 5 spoke aluminum wheel has actually tried to put it on the front wheel?
SRT used have the spare that only fit on the rear. Now they use the same wheel as the TH and it fits F&R on that car, but I wonder about the TH due to the bigger brakes?

Has anybody tried to put their spare on the front?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm within 3 weeks of ordering a Trackhawk, and must admit, as much as forums help-they sometimes confuse as well... I am ordering a to-the-gills vehicle with everything but a block heater and the audio visual deal (yes, full leather, sunroof, etc). As such, I will have the tow package also. Two questions:
1. Full spare?
2. The chrome strips in the cargo area? yes or no?

Can't keep up...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts