Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
+1. I'm in Europe. I have an imported usa car. Noticed the limiter on the German autobahn ( partly no speed limits). Limiter is only there because of the limited tires ( Fortera's). Jeep itself handles very well on + 110 mph. :thumbsup:
In normal traffic you don't need the extra speed ( about 15 mph extra) but I don't like it that Jeep put on a limiter to save money on tires. :(
So in order to gain that extra speed of about 15 mph all you did was change out your tires? Sorry for the ignorance just eager is all

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
My 2 cent opinion, bypassing the speed limiter is a bad idea.
OPer, since you're in the USA where do plan to drive over 110 mph?

Decades ago certain roads in Nevada and i think Montana also had no speed limits but thats not the case today.
I once drove on one of those Nevada roads with no speed limit.
Was a weird feeling driving on that road.

Sky Plant Nature Natural landscape Natural environment

Reactions: xJoshxx

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Probably stated previously in this old thread, but any change in top speed limiter should be met with a change to the appropriate speed rated tires (like the SRT or Trackhawk) which is the main reason most vehicles have the limiters to start with. As much as I enjoy my GC, it's not a vehicle I would feel comfortable in at extremely high speeds.

Reactions: IDoMy0wnRacing

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Exactly It's not about your top speed. it's about how fast you get to the limit #5500aerodynamicsofabrick#srtlife.
Yep! Thats what i do when i want to test the current performance of my vehicles minus the burn out.
Then again, there's the occasional Italian tuneup.
But with these high gas prices these days not so much.

Not that my XJ could come close to 110+ mph (maybe with the wind and down hill haha) but i couldn't imagine death wobble happening at those kinds of hyper speeds.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts