Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,062 Posts
When I push the button to put it in sport mode the light for ECO mode also comes on.
Is that correct?
2019 Trailhawk 3.6
On the earlier models, the opposite occurs as the light indicates the ECO mode is on unlike the lights for collision avoidance which indicate that it is off. Maybe there was a change in the 2019.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,062 Posts
My 17 when I hit the Sport button the ECO Off light comes on, and of course I hit the Auto off also.
So the ECO is turned off when in Sport mode.
The 14 ECO light indicates that it's in ECO mode. Interesting.

·
Registered
104 Posts
MY '16 here. If the ECO light is ON, then ECO is turned OFF.

In other words, ECO is ON by default. You have to deliberately disable it by pushing the button.
...or when you enable Sport mode by pushing the button, then it automatically disengages ECO, hence both buttons are lit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So when the ECO light is on, it's off.........When the sport mode light is on, it's on. And when they are both on, one's on and one's off.....

·
Registered
788 Posts
It comes down to the label on the button...If your button is labeled ECO OFF (which yours is), then hitting that button turns ECO off...pretty simple.
On the older models, the button was just labeled ECO, which meant hitting the button (causing the light to turn on) would turn ECO on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zoom and see that the button says “eco off”. So when eco light is on the Eco Off mode is engaged.
I agree that this can be confusing but it’s operating correctly.
light should be labeled same as button - ECO OFF.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts