Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought pair of SRT headlights to install on my 2014 overland. I will also be blacking out the chrome part of the taillights. Now my dilemma is if I should black out the rest of the chrome on the truck. I don't want to plasti dip it or make it fully black but more of a smoked chrome look. I've never been a fan of shiny chrome but smoked chrome looks really good. I am just wondering what some of your opinions are on this update I plan on doing to my truck. Any input is appreciated.

· Registered
994 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them and for how much? I would install the headlights first and see how they look before blacking out anything more (except the chrome on the taillights). Also, please post pictures after you install the headlights!

· Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee with no User guide or owners manual.
I'm lost, dose any one know where I can get the orginials, can't. find the right information. I need
to operate the truck right. Thanks

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them and for how much? I would install the headlights first and see how they look before blacking out anything more (except the chrome on the taillights). Also, please post pictures after you install the headlights!
I got them from ebay. Only pair that was listed as of last night. I got the pair for $1100 which is not bad at all considering coming from Jeep they are roughly $1000 each. And you can count on pictures once I am done. Hopefully i will be able to install them this weekend.

· Registered
56 Posts
Wow, I think you might have opened up a can of worms... does your overland already have bi-xenon headlamps? If not then I'm pretty sure you will have issues with proper wiring, connectors and the ecu recognizing the new srt bi-xenon headlamps. Good luck though. In for more updates.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, I think you might have opened up a can of worms... does your overland already have bi-xenon headlamps? If not then I'm pretty sure you will have issues with proper wiring, connectors and the ecu recognizing the new srt bi-xenon headlamps. Good luck though. In for more updates.
The Overland comes standard with the bi-xenon headlamps. They should just be plug and play from what I have seen and read. Keeping my fingers crossed that is the case.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I did a quick mock up of what it will look like and they def make the truck look more aggressive. I really like it. Probably going to paint the chrome surround by the tow hooks black as it looks better as you can see in the mock. I eventually want to color match the mirrors and door handles but that is a bit down the road.

Attachments

· Registered
779 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. love the looks of the SRT head and taillights and would love them on my black Overland. Are the SRT lights adaptive and have the washers like the Summit lights? I wonder if there's a connector already there for the washer and if the adaptive headlights are plug-n-play as well. If you think about it, the 7" display shows what direction the front wheels point, so does that work with the adaptive lights to direct them when a turn is made?

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm interested in this as well. love the looks of the SRT head and taillights and would love them on my black Overland. Are the SRT lights adaptive and have the washers like the Summit lights? I wonder if there's a connector already there for the washer and if the adaptive headlights are plug-n-play as well. If you think about it, the 7" display shows what direction the front wheels point, so does that work with the adaptive lights to direct them when a turn is made?

The SRT lights are adavtive and have the washers like the Summit. I can hope they are plug an play for the adaptive part, but I would imagine that would need to be turned on in the truck's computer. Same with the washers, which I really dont care for, but they come with the SRT lights. Also for the washers you would need to connect them to the windshield washer fluid container.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone know if i got a hold of these too for my limited would it be plug and play also? I have my doubts, what mods would need to be done if any to make them work?
The 2014 Bixenon Overland/Summit/SRT headlight use a 16 pin molex connector that feeds all the functions, such as low beam, high beam, LED DRL, LED turn signal and LED side markers. There is no amber park light. It uses the LED DRL at a lower intensity as the park light.

Putting these headlights in a 2014 Limited would require adapting all the separate plugs into the single 16 pin per side and adapting the DRL harness to control the LED DRLs.

So in short no they are not plug and play.

· Registered
994 Posts
Did you make any progress over the weekend?

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you make any progress over the weekend?
I got the SRT head lights friday, however the LED DRL on the drivers side was cracked. I am getting a replacement this week. I should have an update this coming weekend.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the new lights on and also plasti dipped the chrome part of the rear ones and part of the chrome piece in the front bumper. I'll take some pictures later today when it's all put together. The new headlights look really good.

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are the pics. Finally got to take them in between rain showers here. I really like the outcome. Only thing I have left is to get the 6500k HID bulbs and Fogs I ordered today and install them. I am not blacking out any more of the chrome. I actually like it now. Looks balanced. Only thing I might do is color match the mirror caps, but I will see.

Let me know if anyone wants any other pictures.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.