Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Overland
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been thinking about putting an SRT8 Hood on my Overland.

My only concern is if it will fit, not the body lines, but the hood vents, IDK if they come down too low and will hit something or maybe the went is over the CAI in will get it wet.

Any and all input is welcome. :cool:

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,663 Posts
the vents have channels and a cup built into them so NO water gets under the hood...no worries there. This is a world class designed hood by SRT

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will the SRT Hood fit flush with the 2014 Summit? I just picked up my Summit this week and already planning mods and love that SRT Hood. Can you order the hood pre-painted in the "Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Exterior Paint"? Does anyone know the Part #?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,663 Posts
Will the SRT Hood fit flush with the 2014 Summit? I just picked up my Summit this week and already planning mods and love that SRT Hood. Can you order the hood pre-painted in the "Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Exterior Paint"? Does anyone know the Part #?

Thanks!
Yes it fits the summit unless it's the summit diesel...then you gotta move the tank around according to another member. They do not come pre painted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks! It's not a diesel, so it should fit without any issues.

I also like the front LED Driving lights on the SRT. I assume you would need to install the front facial in order to get those. Do you know if the front facial bolts on as well? How about the rear bumper with the dual exhaust?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,663 Posts
Thanks! It's not a diesel, so it should fit without any issues.

I also like the front LED Driving lights on the SRT. I assume you would need to install the front facial in order to get those. Do you know if the front facial bolts on as well? How about the rear bumper with the dual exhaust?

Thanks!
They will bolt up but it's a Very pricey conversion. Probably be cheaper to just trade for an srt. To bolt on facias...you will need wheels arches, side skirts and all associated parts of bumpers. Very expensive.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,663 Posts
I've got a red hood....but i wouldn't take any less than 1100 plus shipping

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
They will bolt up but it's a Very pricey conversion. Probably be cheaper to just trade for an srt. To bolt on facias...you will need wheels arches, side skirts and all associated parts of bumpers. Very expensive.
He's got a 2014 Summit so he's already got the correct wheel arches and side skirts. The exhaust would probably need to be changed though.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,663 Posts
Possible on the wheel arches. ..but not 100% sure. I don't think the skirts ate same either. Don't they have a chrome molding?

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
Possible on the wheel arches. ..but not 100% sure. I don't think the skirts ate same either. Don't they have a chrome molding?
They do have a chrome molding but they match up with the rocker panels so I think it would probably work. Can't say for sure though, but the rocker panels do look the same between the Summit and SRT and so that wouldn't affect the side skirt needing changing if he's OK with the chrome there.

·
Registered
Laredo
1,254 Posts
Did Black Ops stop selling the SRT hoods for the WK2's? I can't find a link for it on Chad's site anywhere...

While searching around, I did find this:

Black Ops Auto Works Extraction Hood: Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011 - 2014

& this:

Black Ops Auto Works SRT8 Urethane Body Kit: Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011 - 2014 (retains stock fender flairs apparently)

I also didn't see any mention of this on Jeep Garage about the retailer selling Black Ops parts, but it looks legit. I'm curious if this is just out-of-date and he isn't making those parts anymore or??

It shows that the hoods will ship within 5-7 days, but that means that have a built up stock and they aren't made-to-order. That seems like it may be wrong...

Any word from Chad specifically would be great to hear!

I'm interested in the hood specifically, but wouldn't mind teasing myself with the thought of a whole SRT body kit, although mine will never actually be one. :p :(

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,663 Posts
I talk to chad weekly...he's not selling any wk2 hoods. He could have one of the oem replicas left...but i don't think so.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,663 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,663 Posts
Yes...no problem

1 - 20 of 25 Posts