Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee L Laredo
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dual side swept exhaust before the pass rear tire. the problem is that after 1 rain it looks like shit again. No matter how much i polish it with Mothers it still looks like crap after even a light shower.

I cannot even begin to imagine what its going to look like after a good ole NH winter.

So my first of two questions.

What/how do you guys keep your stainless steel /chrome exhaust tips?

What do you guys think of using a High temp, flat black Oven paint or similar product? Go for the murdered/black out look.

· Jeep Garage's hunky Australian co-founder
6,421 Posts
Hey, at least they're stainless and not chrome!

I clean my S/S tips with just about anything. Brilo pad, steel wool, whatever. Thats the beauty of it, it's very durable.
As for a coaing to minimise the grime, I can't attest to trying anything.

I don't feel you'd have much success in painting it for the murdered look.

· Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of finding what ever it is that exhaust companies use to make the tips black. Its got to be some kind of high temp teflon or sumtin. I dunno, i am just getting tires of polishing these ever other rain and lately its been raining at least once a week if not more.

I will try the brillo pad. I am very glad they are SS and not chrome, if they were chrome they'd be rusted already.

· Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know ive seen flat black exhaust tips some where. Thats what id like. It must have been custom.

· Jeep Garage's hunky Australian co-founder
6,421 Posts
Hey, if it's only raod grime externally you're concerned about, I'd give them a nice polish, and then wipe Inox over them. It will leave a film and make them easier to clean. The real issue is the heat, burns nearly anything off them.

· Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, if it's only raod grime externally you're concerned about, I'd give them a nice polish, and then wipe Inox over them. It will leave a film and make them easier to clean. The real issue is the heat, burns nearly anything off them.

What is Inox?

· Registered
616 Posts
I can't remember the name of the company but they make rattle can paint that can withstand 1200 degrees,I would look into something like that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.