Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, that is the only way I found I cut cut it out and get it to mount securely to the OEM pedal assembly. The surround is rubber, so very easy to cut out with scissors, a knife or Dremel w/ cut-off wheel.
Great....thanks. I just ordered one. Hopefully mine will come out as good as yours did!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Nice job. What make slush mat?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice job. What make slush mat?
Thanks...they are the Husky Weatherbeaters. I washed the Jeep yesterday and they wiped right off and look brand new again.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the part number. I was able to pick one up at the local Benz dealer.
Just curious what the dealer cost was? I have seen it online for $16 to $25 + shipping...I may have overpaid by a few bucks, but at the time I didn't know it was a Benz part.

Reactions: moosehead

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thanks for this! I always disliked how the E-Brake cover was still just the stock rubber pedal while the others had the pedal kit. Can't wait to get this little bad boy installed.

·
Waggie
3,221 Posts
bmrisko + rep for polish engineering that ends up looking sharp. well done.

·
Registered
Cherokee Trailhawk
966 Posts
For info for fellow Canucks; the Amazon site linked in Post #1 quoted me $19.95 plus $36 S&H (both in US dollars)! So I stopped that order.
Local Benz dealer quoted me $25Cdn and I will have it in a few days.

·
Registered
543 Posts
For info for fellow Canucks; the Amazon site linked in Post #1 quoted me $19.95 plus $36 S&H (both in US dollars)! So I stopped that order.
Local Benz dealer quoted me $25Cdn and I will have it in a few days.
Thanks Chero, I noticed this as well but thankfully I am only about 20min from the border so I shipped it to a PO box just acrosss the line. Talk about a ripoff - $36 to ship to canada or only $4 to the US.

·
Premium Member
2017 Limited
41 Posts
Just curious what the dealer cost was? I have seen it online for $16 to $25 + shipping...I may have overpaid by a few bucks, but at the time I didn't know it was a Benz part.
Three dealerships in my immediate area and all three had a different price. First dealer wanted $24 plus tax, second wanted $27 plus tax and the third (where I went) said $21 plus tax.

·
Registered
Limited
295 Posts
Looks good! Did you cut the rubber back as BMRISKO did?

·
Registered
2006 WK
342 Posts
Could you trim part of the actual brake pedal assembly itself to allow the cover to sit the correct, vertical way? From the pictures it looks like you could take a dremel to it and take off less than a 1/4'' for it to work.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I added a couple is strips of 3m molding double sided tape, super strOng.
Thanks for the tip! I may do that this weekend as I have some of that molding tape left over from my sill guards.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Could you trim part of the actual brake pedal assembly itself to allow the cover to sit the correct, vertical way? From the pictures it looks like you could take a dremel to it and take off less than a 1/4'' for it to work.
I suppose that may be possible, but you still have the support to deal with and would definitely need some epoxy or adhesive to hold it on. I don't think it would mount securely on its own in the vertical direction. If you go that route, please share the results!

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Have you guys considered placing the pedal on a flat surface and press out the curve.

Then use a tow strap over a pipe to to put in a curve in the new direction.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts