Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 GC (V6 Laredo) is in the shop today...been having an intermittent problem where the vehicle stalls after starting and then will not start unless the key position is cycled to off and then back on. No MFL but when the car would not start and the security system light flashed. We have had problems with one of the key fobs, but I replaced the battery on it twice and we reported the problem to the dealer and they could not find any faults.

Will report on what the dealer comes up with but I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer replaced both keys but nothing in the vehicle. Said that this sometimes happens. I'm a little baffled by this...one key I could see but two bad keys at the same time?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had another stall after start, although this one was after a long drive (6 hours with two stops) and it stalled when I started the vehicle soon after parking in the garage. Should have seen it coming, the engine didn't quite seem to be idling as smoothly as it usually does. No lights and it started up fine afterwards. Another thing I need to watch for now.

Really like this vehicle but I never had these problems with my first year build Toyota Highlander...:(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had this happen again today...needed to start and move right away and I started the vehicle and went into drive right away and it stalled. Frustrating because I can't make it happen on demand so I'm pretty sure that the dealer can't do much.

Would there be codes stored if there are no warning lights or CEL/MFLs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Hammer, I have been having the exact same problem with v6 WK2. It started intermittantly stalling after startup a couple months ago. It seems to consistantly happen about a few times a week. No warnings or CEL. As far as the jeep is concerned, it thinks the car is still running. Have you had any updates on your situation?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This happens on my 2013 v6 as well. I had the dealer look at it but they could not reproduce. They cleared the codes just in case, but it has happened a few times since. I plan on taking it back, but am compiling a list of other issues (A/C, etc) before I go back.

·
Registered
2011 WK2 X V6
31 Posts
I have joined the club. Have a 2011 Laredo. About a month ago it has stalled when pressing the start button. No troubles driving but a few times a week when going to start the car it tries to turn over then stalls. Need to cycle the on/off button to off then it starts right up the second time. I have nearly 24,000 miles. First real issue.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
21 Posts
Hey glad I found this post because I am having the same issue on my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee X package 3.6 V6 engine. Dealer cant reproduce the issue and its frustrating. This happens once or twice per week. Have to cycle the truck off before it can start again

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
21 Posts
Pissible fix for you... After some research it looks like the tpim needs to be replaced. I believe it runs about $1300

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Have not been tracking this thread for a while...we have not seen the problem for several months now. Have an extended service contract just in case...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pissible fix for you... After some research it looks like the tpim needs to be replaced. I believe it runs about $1300
My 2011 hemi has this problem been at the dealer for 2 weeks waiting for a module from factory stop by to day was told that this would not be in until August 22, if then . Purchased life time warranty when I purchased this vehicle glad I did . If this price is correct I have gotten my warranty money back. Must be several vehicles with this issue tipm module. Long wait but with warranty Chrysler is furnishing me with a rental.my wk2 has 95k miles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sitting at the dealership now with the same issue. Grrrr. Will post their findings.
Dealer reprogramed the PEM Module. Cost me $100.00.

Next day - same issue.

Took it to the dealership where I purchased it and they said that I need a new TIPCM. [Totally integrated power control module] Est. cost = $800.

My Jeep has been there 6 days as they now claim the part is "on back order" and they can not give me an ETA on the part. The saga continues...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could also be a failing fuel pump or switch. Sounds like either fire or fuel is being lost. Before throwing a $1300 TIPM at it would be best to figure out which.
I was told by the dealer that one of the functions of the TIPCM is to keep the fuel pump primed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dealer reprogramed the PEM Module. Cost me $100.00.

Next day - same issue.

Took it to the dealership where I purchased it and they said that I need a new TIPCM. [Totally integrated power control module] Est. cost = $800.

My Jeep has been there 6 days as they now claim the part is "on back order" and they can not give me an ETA on the part. The saga continues...
The Dealership finally called me back. The part is on "National Back Order" Status. I am #207 on the list!!! Un-flocking-believable!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Might as well check-in in this thread too. I'm having the same issue and am somewhere around 150 on the list judging by what another person that had theirs ordered on the same day was told (dealership didn't give me my number).

Anyway I've contacted Chrysler about it, it is like pulling teeth with them but so far this is pretty much all they've told me: "as of today (8/15), we currently do not have a firm estimated time of arrival for your part to reach the dealership."

Very unhelpful. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well add me to this list as well. (It seems that I participate in every known issue with my 12 5.7 Overland)

Same thing has happend to me twice. Hot weather, stalls after start, wont start back up until on/off is cycled.

Took it to dealer, no codes were pulled.

Of note, when trying to start back up, engine sounds really rough, as if timing is off. No dashboard warning lights except one red light--security system light?

1 - 20 of 135 Posts