Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

541 - 546 of 546 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 JGC Overland
33 Posts
Just had my main and auxiliary batteries replaced on my 2017 JGC Overland. The start/stop message is still there and I was told by the advisor that it could take a couple of on/off cycles for the start/stop to learn and program itself.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
They replaced my aux battery and start-stop worked for about three days. Then it went back to not working again, "battery charging."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine is always battery charging unless i do a long road trip. Then it will work for a bit and then start 'battery charging' again.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Exactly ... which makes me think it's a problem in the charging system somewhere, rather than in the battery itself. Unless they got a bad run of batteries that included both my original and the replacement.

·
Premium Member
2017 JGC Overland
33 Posts
A couple of days after I had both batteries replaced, start/stop working great and then......at the 3rd stop it would not start. All lights flashing on dash and then everything went black. Had to have jeep towed to the dealership. Diagnosis found a faulty cable going to the alternator. Either this was damaged when the batteries were replaced or defective from No wonder the battery was always charging. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

·
Vendor
179 Posts
I am happy announce SmartStopStart support for the 2020 Grand Cherokee 3.6L V6 with ESS.

SmartStopStart is a popular and easy to install Engine Stop Start (ESS) memory module that always restores your last setting for the ESS override button.

See it at https://www.smartstopstart.com/jeep-...-products.html

541 - 546 of 546 Posts