Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I will try to make this short jeep would not start replaced starter 3 weeks later would not start replaced starter 6 weeks later would not start moved shift leaver couple times starts a few weeks later wont start towed home dropped on Street pushed into drive starts weeks later would not start unless I jiggle key as starting weeks later would not start took ignition switch apart put back together starts I have a neutral safety switch but cannot find on transmission to replace it is now sitting in driveway will not start has new battery two months ago any help would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
What year, how many miles, what engine, manual or auto tranny?
Far as i know, there's no mind readers here.

·
The beast from Brazil
8,285 Posts
The Park/Neutral safety switch is part of the solenoid block. Not sure if any repair can be done to the switch itself. If its still the original solenoid block, its maybe better to change the complete solenoid assy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello went out and turned key on and off 6 or 7 times car started started five more times over a couple of days now won’t start

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
A quick way to see if its possibly the neutral switch is to try starting in neutral, not park.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried starting in every gear switched from high to low 4x4 hit starter with hammer dismantled the ignition switch once and that did not help if I keep playing with starting routine it will start

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello crawled under car to take starter out and found a broken wire replaced wire and now Jeep starts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts