Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm trying to see if anyone else is having a similar issue/occurance. Anytime we get rain, snow, etc. I always get steam coming out of the front of my Jeep. Its not noticeable while driving, but when coming to a stop its starts occuring. Almost looks like the Jeep is smoking, but its not. I have a feelings moisture is hitting something maybe on the radiator and steaming off. When its a dry day, no issue, no steam. Anyone else have this happen? Any fix? I appreciate any input.

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
2,396 Posts
Its probably just the water from driving hitting the hot Radiator .

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
mine steams out the hood vents when it rains... ha. That engine bay has lots of HOT stuff in it. Steam is inevitable.

·
Registered
Jeep wk
2,015 Posts
The engine gets very hot. so when water gets on it it steams. Last year i drove through a deep puddle and when i came out it steamed for a while.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Also when you hit a puddle, the rotors are very hot as well so you'll see steam coming from the wheel wells as well. <----haha say that 3 times fast lol

·
Registered
2007 Grand Cherokee
22 Posts
Happens to me all the time, I was worried the first time, but I also had to replace the radiator the week before so I was not sure where the steam was from!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts