Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The steering wheel in wife's new SRT is cocked ever so slightly to the right while driving straight. Vehicle doesn't pull, so I'm assuming alignment is good. Is there a way to center the steering wheel without a trip to the dealership? A sleeve on the drag link like the JK?

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,994 Posts
The steering wheel in wife's new SRT is cocked ever so slightly to the right while driving straight. Vehicle doesn't pull, so I'm assuming alignment is good. Is there a way to center the steering wheel without a trip to the dealership? A sleeve on the drag link like the JK?
I would think the steering wheel will have to come off and be centered

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I will print out that bulletin and take to the dealership.

·
Registered
23 Posts
whats the outcome? Just got a 2018 GC trailhawk the wheel is off center too, my 15 was like that, and the TSB linked above only applies to 2011-2015. I had to fight with the service center to get an alignment last time until I showed them the TSB, I don't want to go thru the same again without a 'valid' TSB this time.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
2,576 Posts
whats the outcome? Just got a 2018 GC trailhawk the wheel is off center too, my 15 was like that, and the TSB linked above only applies to 2011-2015. I had to fight with the service center to get an alignment last time until I showed them the TSB, I don't want to go thru the same again without a 'valid' TSB this time.
Doesn't seem like a TSB would be needed. It's a new vehicle. It should be "in alignment". If it isn't they need to correct it. Assuming there are no "bad parts" recentering the steering wheel is a simple toe adjustment. It is remotely possible that it has a bad tire. I had that situation once and complained to the dealer (vehicle was fairly new) and they did an alignment, then they adjusted the power steering box. Neither fixed the off center wheel. I lived with it for a while and then got new tires. With the FIRESTONES GONE and new Michelins on it the off center steering was gone. As mentioned in the TSB, a "pull" can result in an off center wheel as it takes almost no steering effort to "steer" to correct the pull.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine is not like that , however i recently bought the ( 1 year ) alignment package at NTB. The guy was good but mentioned our front lower arms are adjustable however it is considered a frame connection and they tend not to go that far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts