Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Steering wheel radio controls

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Richiescal 
#1 ·
I have had enough problems with my POS 2011 jeep grand Cherokee, limited. 6 lame cylinder dog. Bought it with 147k. Looks mint. Have spent a few thousand in 18 mos. Put 10,000 mi. On it since I bought it. Today my steering wheel audio controls just, "poof" decide to not work. Looked up fuses. Clearly there is no specific fuse for just that. I guess I have 2 choices M8 or M15. They are the only fuse locations that have either audio or steering wheel in the description.
M8 - front heated seats and steering wheel (fyi- my heated seats are working fine.)

M15 - power seats, cruise control, Audio Telamatics, daytime running lights, air suspension, instrument cluster
There isn't any other location with anything related to the steering wheel audio controls. Please help. RICH FROM BOXBORO MASSACHUSETTS

#2 ·
Could be a fuse or not. Fuses one by one are easy to check out with a multi meter.
Could also be the clock spring, the radio itself or a loose connector somewhere.
I'd check out all connectors from the steering column and radio before calling in the heavy artillery.

You might try a PCM reset first, the easiest thing to eliminate a PCM communication issue between the steering column controls and the radio.

#3 ·
I have had enough problems with my POS 2011 jeep grand Cherokee, limited. 6 lame cylinder dog. Bought it with 147k. Looks mint. Have spent a few thousand in 18 mos. Put 10,000 mi. On it since I bought it. Today my steering wheel audio controls just, "poof" decide to not work. Looked up fuses. Clearly there is no specific fuse for just that. I guess I have 2 choices M8 or M15. They are the only fuse locations that have either audio or steering wheel in the description.
M8 - front heated seats and steering wheel (fyi- my heated seats are working fine.)

M15 - power seats, cruise control, Audio Telamatics, daytime running lights, air suspension, instrument cluster
There isn't any other location with anything related to the steering wheel audio controls. Please help. RICH FROM BOXBORO MASSACHUSETTS
Could be a fuse or not. Fuses one by one are easy to check out with a multi meter.
Could also be the clock spring, the radio itself or a loose connector somewhere.
I'd check out all connectors from the steering column and radio before calling in the heavy artillery.

You might try a PCM reset first, the easiest thing to eliminate a PCM communication issue between the steering column controls and the radio.
Thank you for responding. I will get my bearings with your suggestions. much appreciated. I will follow up if and when I solve the problem..

#5 ·
Funny thing happened on the way to work this morning, the steering wheel audio controls just, "Poof" started to work again. So it remains a mystery to me, as to what actually happened, when the stopped functioning yesterday. I'm sure I've not seen the last of the mysterious occurrences of my 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee 6 cylinder Dog. Until next time, Happy Jeeping. !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.