Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRT WK2
4,977 Posts
Those are sweet...where can I buy them? Do they make them for an 08? I did some searching online and could only find them for 05-07 and neither of the sites were selling them...any help is appreciated!

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
Those are sweet...where can I buy them? Do they make them for an 08? I did some searching online and could only find them for 05-07 and neither of the sites were selling them...any help is appreciated!

honestly dude i dont think we need them for the 08+. we were discussing this at the last meet. our headlights are diff and the gap is the same color as the paint... only thing i would want them for is to cover the turn signal

·
Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee L Laredo
5,114 Posts
For some reason when i installed mine though, i could not get the upper part of the turn signal to be flush with the fender. maybe i installed them wrong but i was not happy with that.

I also noticed that stillen left the imprint of the cut out for the side marker in the cover and i opted to cut it out so as to not get pulled over. Cops are dicks around here about that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
2014 SRT WK2
4,977 Posts
Agreed...that is what I want to do is cover up the turn signal...WELL I would rather clear out the reflector! Can that be done? I think Pepper has "clear corners" but I am not sure if they are all new headlights.

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
yeah i would also love to clear out the turn signals but i believe you have to open up the headlight assembly

·
Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,440 Posts
Agreed...that is what I want to do is cover up the turn signal...WELL I would rather clear out the reflector! Can that be done? I think Pepper has "clear corners" but I am not sure if they are all new headlights.
I don't have clear corners, I have the stillens..
I did remove the amber bulb in the front and swapped it with sylvania bulbs. They look bluish but produce amber light.

old pic no stillens

The only reason there are non clear corners available is b/c the orange is within the housing.. you would have to fab/cut another clear reflector to make it clear. You could bake the lights open and use the "nightshade" stuff to paint the orange a tinted black, like a do-it-yourself tinted tail light kit....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Guess I am gonna have to either sell mine or get off my butt and get them painted and installed. I have them in the box they came from and got a paint price quote then put them in my attic...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.