Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys I have a 2019 gc limited x and just ordered srt brembo calipers all around and stop tech rotors and pads. I have basically everything I need that I read on one of the threads on this site. Was just curious to know if anyone has done this yet on a 2019 and if I needed to get srt brake lines. Thanks!

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,762 Posts
They Brembo Calipers and the HD/SD calipers have different brake lines.....
I "think" the only difference is the pad that connects to the caliper, its shaped differently for the Brembo Caliper than the others....
The pads at the end of the line is designed to be idiot proofed, only one way it fits, thus you don't reverse it or orientate it incorrectly cause the only way it fits at all is the right way...

People have posted you could grind the existing lines pads down to make them fit, but you'd need to do some research to make sure you orientate it right....
Since its become standard practice to design the lines this way, they've dropped any instructions or guides on how to fit them.....

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,255 Posts
Brakes Don't cheap out they are literally only thing stopping you, from harming your self and others.

Buy the right conversion shit or don't do it at all. Not trying to sound harsh but it's true. the SRT brake lines are direct swap in just have to take them off. I mean your going to have to bleed the brakes anyway.

Which I recommend using a Power-bleeder and not the old Foot Pump method. DO NOT get air into the ABS or it's pretty much a dealer trip.

Motive makes a hand pump bleeder attaches to the master cylinder and you pump it up like a bug sprayer

FYI your stock Limited Rims will not clear SRT Calipers..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I just wasn’t sure. Didn’t want to buy brake lines if the lines were the same size but I bought all four anyways just in case! Bought everything I needed for the swap yesterday!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts