2016 JGC CRD
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also found this. A guy took his XJ Cherokee on 33s on it.

“... Top of the World, 7 Mile Rim, and Hell’s Revenge are our top favorite trails for scenic views.”

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is a video on YouTube somewhere with a stock WK2 Trailhawk going up Top of the World. They made it but not without a bit if body damage. There are a few steps that have gotten really big the last few years.

·
4WL TREK-er — so many trails, so little time
2016 JGC CRD
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a video on YouTube somewhere with a stock WK2 Trailhawk going up Top of the World. They made it but not without a bit if body damage. There are a few steps that have gotten really big the last few years.
Thanks Devil Dog, that'd be a show-stopper for me. I'll look for that video.

Assuming you are USMC, Semper Fi.

·
Registered
2014 GC Summit
47 Posts
Thanks Devil Dog, that'd be a show-stopper for me. I'll look for that video.

Assuming you are USMC, Semper Fi.
If you have rock rails and take off the removable lower front spoiler, you'll be fine! Just take it slow and have a spotter get out for any tricky parts.

Here's a YouTube video of a Cherokee Trailhawk with ~31" tires made it there and back in 2017.

·
Registered
18 WK2 Trailhawk
488 Posts
20 years ago or so it was about a moderate difficulty trail, at the time I think it was rated the most difficult moderate trail in Wells Moab trail guide. I ran it in my 97 TJ on 33s, lifted/locked and thought it was pretty easy. Ran it again in a similarly built 04 TJ Rubicon a couple years later still pretty easy. In the newer edition of Wells Moab trail guide the difficulty rating jumped to the mid range of difficult trails, I ran it in 2012 if I remember correctly in my 12 JK 2 door Rubicon small lift 33 BFG KM2s.......and it was way more difficult. It was a bit wet so that added to the difficulty but I was stacking some rocks and using the lockers sliding around in the mud. I've heard it hasn't gotten any better. Honestly if your on the fence about it, Id say don't do it in your WK2. It is an amazing trail and the view is awesome. Possibly rent a Wrangler in Moab, or ride along with someone. I would probably give it a try in my WK2, I also have 32s, factory rock rails, as well as the complete Chief Products skid package and winch mount/winch. I am currently waiting for the rear bumper guards since in the Maze District I crushed the rear plastic bumper corners pretty good on the section of trail from Teapot rock out to the Dollhouse.

There is another trail option that is up on the other side of 128, the Dome Plateau Trail/ Dome Plateau Overlook will give you a very similar view but the trail is much lower on the difficulty scale. I'm not sure there is line of sight from the Dome Plateau Overlook to the Top Of The World overlook but they are basically across the valley from each other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts