Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my 2021 JGC Laredo X on blocks. The culprits managed to get away with 2 wheels and all my Lugs nuts. (who does that?)

The passenger front and the driver rear were stolen. The other 2 remain but damaged.

Car was towed to the shop which was a total nightmare getting it on the flatbed. That's a story for another day.

Considering the track hawk wheels as a replacement for all 4. Any recommendations on sizing, fit of wheel and tires? Spacers?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle brake
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Jeep GC Limited
790 Posts
Wow! I thought these things don't happen as they used back in the 90s. Sorry about your situation.

Didn't you have those wheel lug nuts that are "locks"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes!! I had the locks on all 4 wheels and they still managed to get them off. If you look closely at one of the photos you can see there is one master lug nut left that they tried to remove and is completely stripped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found my 2021 JGC Laredo X on blocks. The culprits managed to get away with 2 wheels and all my Lugs nuts. (who does that?)

The passenger front and the driver rear were stolen. The other 2 remain but damaged.

Car was towed to the shop which was a total nightmare getting it on the flatbed. That's a story for another day.

Considering the track hawk wheels as a replacement for all 4. Any recommendations on sizing, fit of wheel and tires? Spacers?

View attachment 243071 View attachment 243072 View attachment 243073 View attachment 243074
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Tread

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I use Gorilla locking lug nuts. Every lug is a lock. They can probably get them off but it takes a lot longer. I hope if it ever happens when they see those that they'll move on to something easier.

Reactions: xJoshxx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Smiley. I will definitely talk to my wheel tech about installing those or something similar. If this happens again I will absolutely lose my mind!!

·
Registered
WK2 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Sport Utility 3.6
177 Posts
Try to frequently check facebook market place and craigslist for ads with your wheels... you never know, maybe you'll find him.. you know how the saying goes- they always come back to the crime scene.. were there any cameras around that you could check?

·
Registered
WK2 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Sport Utility 3.6
177 Posts
I use Gorilla locking lug nuts. Every lug is a lock. They can probably get them off but it takes a lot longer. I hope if it ever happens when they see those that they'll move on to something easier.
Do you use gorilla locks instead of all 20 lugs? I always feel like the one gorilla that I use per wheel is the weakest one when I'm bringing it up to torque.. it feels way weaker and I am afraid to bring it more.. I thought of putting 2 gorillas per wheel but it would be annoying to find which ones go with which socket key...o_O

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Thank you Smiley. I will definitely talk to my wheel tech about installing those or something similar. If this happens again I will absolutely lose my mind!!
They're around $70 per set on Amazon as I recall.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Do you use gorilla locks instead of all 20 lugs? I always feel like the one gorilla that I use per wheel is the weakest one when I'm bringing it up to torque.. it feels way weaker and I am afraid to bring it more.. I thought of putting 2 gorillas per wheel but it would be annoying to find which ones go with which socket key...o_O
I've had full sets on 3 Mopar vehicles and never had an issue. I use the stock torque.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Summit 4x4
39 Posts
If only there was a way for a James Bond security feature when they complete the circuit from lug nut through their little toes to ground there’s a little zappity zap zap😏

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
OPer, yeah i'll bet this was an unforeseen unexpected nightmare out of nowhere.
I'd hope your insurance covers some or all of that.

The thing about locking lugs is that they generally shouldn't be torqued to spec. as they are weaker than non-locking lugs.
Never used Gorilla lugs but heard good things about them elsewhere and now here.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I wonder if spline drive lug nuts would be a better theft deterrent than one locking lug nut per wheel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Trackhawk reps I believe are able to be bolted right on the bolt latter is still 5x5(5x127) for WK2, WL, and JKU jeeps , but if you wanted something other then the trackhawk ones the stocks are 56mm offset, here's a link to all the stock wheel types and sizes for WK2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts