Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Summi
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to replace the entire driver side headlamp assembly on my MY14 Summit. Prior to replacement i was able to observe the headlight beams moving to the left and right as I slowly made tight turns. After the headlamp assembly replacement I don't see either the driver or passenger lamp moving as I make slow tight turns. Is there a way to test the headlamps to see that they move to the left and right with the steering wheel? I bought the replacement assembly on Amazon but it was advertised as an OEM assembly ($$$).

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
212 Posts
I recently had to replace the entire driver side headlamp assembly on my MY14 Summit. Prior to replacement i was able to observe the headlight beams moving to the left and right as I slowly made tight turns. After the headlamp assembly replacement I don't see either the driver or passenger lamp moving as I make slow tight turns. Is there a way to test the headlamps to see that they move to the left and right with the steering wheel? I bought the replacement assembly on Amazon but it was advertised as an OEM assembly ($$$).
I assume it was a private seller, because Amazon doesn't sell OEM lights for the JGC...right?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Are you getting any faults in the instrument panel? If the adaptive lighting is malfunctioning, normally there is one displayed.

Sounds like you might have purchased an OEM HID non-adaptive version meant for an overland or limited.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,965 Posts
You need to have the dealer calibrate the lights in order for them to pivot or level after disconnecting them.

I ran into this after having one replaced after hitting a deer. The lights would do their level procedure when starting the Jeep but wouldn't level while moving. The dealer did it free of charge while I was in for inspection and it only takes a couple of minutes to do.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Summi
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is really good news. I still need to take it in for the brake booster recall so maybe I can get them calibrated at the same time.

As to the Amazon question - I suppose it may have been a private seller since it doesn't seem like Amazon is an FCA distributor. Anyway the listing claimed new OEM. Seemed like a better deal than the dealer would have given me - $1249.

Nope - no indications on the dash that there is anything wrong.

·
Registered
2015 Summit
41 Posts
Have you tried going through the UConnect system settings to make sure the box is checked for the adaptive headlamps? I have a MY15 and you are able to turn them on and off through the settings option on the Uconnect computer.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,987 Posts
Yep...has to be calibrated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts