Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

How do you think the Summit Wheels look on 2014 Overland?

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • Dislike

Votes: 35 49.3%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Overland
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I came across a 2014 Granite Crystal Overland with the Summit wheels on it. IMO these wheels look better on the Overland than the Summit.
Does anyone know if this is a factory option? The sales guy said they ordered it that way but I thought maybe they did a swap for a customer.
I would have bought it on the spot but it had the Hemi and I want the Pentastar.

How do you think it looks?

Attachments

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Yes that is a wheel option for the overland. They do look good.

·
Super Moderator
10,673 Posts
Personally, I love them, but I know there are also a lot of folks who think differently. Very subjective!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is that a no cost option or there is an additional cost. Just could not find it in Milous pricing sheet. On the Wk2Jeep.com site, it does not show as an option for the Overland, just standard for Summit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I liked the Summit Wheels much better in person compared to the first pictures I saw.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The attached picture of an Overland in a Jeep brochure I recently received (with the $500 coupon) seems to show the same wheels like on a Summit. But I don't see anything on the Overland order form for a wheel option. So are these the same Summit wheels on an Overland as in the original posters picture? Al

Attachments

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
The attached picture of an Overland in a Jeep brochure I recently received (with the $500 coupon) seems to show the same wheels like on a Summit. But I don't see anything on the Overland order form for a wheel option. So are these the same Summit wheels on an Overland as in the original posters picture? Al
That picture is of the Limited, not Overland. You can get the Limited Wheels on the Overland as an option. ORII on the Overland will get you the Limited Wheels.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes I believe you are right, it is a Limited with the Lux Package. I can see Michelin on the tires when I look closely at it. Al

·
Registered
274 Posts
But the original picture of the OP is of the Summit's 20," right?

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Is that a no cost option or there is an additional cost. Just could not find it in Milous pricing sheet. On the Wk2Jeep.com site, it does not show as an option for the Overland, just standard for Summit.
Same thought I had... I don't believe they were on the option list when I ordered mine or I might have thought about it a bit more. I didn't even know it was possible. Saved me a grand + I'd guess though, so it's fine.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I think the Overland 5 spoke 20" wheels are the best looking wheels available of all WK2's. my vote goes to keeping it with the overland 5 spokes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think the Overland 5 spoke 20" wheels are the best looking wheels available of all WK2's. my vote goes to keeping it with the overland 5 spokes.

It's all personal taste and preference..IMO, they're too "Transformer"-machine like...but I'm an "old-school" fan.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I voted yes but I would still keep the 5 spoke. One thing I wish about the 5 spoke is that they were just a touch brighter to better "match" the chrome accents. That's had me thinking the same thing you're pondering, but I still like the 5 spokes better overall.

·
Registered
2011 Overland
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to everyone for your comments. I ended up sticking with the 5 spoke. They look great and are going to be a lot easier to maintain too.
Can't wait for my Overland to get here. Its in D status. Patiently waiting for production date.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts