Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was under the impression it was supposed to be hot and sunny today, left field sudden down pour, had my sun roof cracked, not open. Now my interior is dripping water from the inside map light buttons, makes sense since it would be due to the angle of sunroof. Read a couple threads about leaving jeep ac run for about an hour or so on hottest ac dial. Interior fabric is wet to touch. Notice water almost at a consent drip,run, underneath to pavement. Is this the right way to dry it out and get moisture out of the cabin and save the wiring? 2013 PATRIOT if it helps. I love this jeep, and don’t want to damage any part due to my folly. Any help or suggestions appreciated ?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Rule 1 with a sun roof, never leave it open while its parked.
You learned that lesson the hard way unfortunately.

I'm not a big fan of sun roofs but i have one on my WK2.
I only open it if there's not a cloud in sight and make sure its closed before its parked.

Anyhow getting back to your problem with drying out the Jeep.
If this were my deal, i'd remove the cover from the map light buttons and blow dry the insides with a hair drier or similar set to low heat, high speed until dry.
Make sure any connectors involved are also bone dry.
There might be some electronics in there maybe even the remote door opener receiver as in my XJ.

Far as the soaked rugs, first i'd try to soak up as much moisture from the rugs as possible with towels and then i'd use a shop vacuum to remove more moisture.
Then i'd try the AC routine set to hot with the vent set to lower for a while.
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts