Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Reaching out to @JeepCares for help with my 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Seems I'm part of an unlucky few to have their sunroof explode. Insurance company (Progressive) denied my claim under my comprehensive policy; can't prove impact to the car, so I can't make a claim. They are pointing the finger at the manufacturer because of online threads like this one. My dealership said they never heard of spontaneously exploding sunroofs, and glass damage is not covered under the warranty. To make matters worse, they don't touch glass and can't perform the repairs (!?!). They sold me a replacement glass panel through Mopar for $800. A glass and body shop did the repair for $400 (although they couldn't complete the recalibration and now the window doesn't slide open/close). So I'm out a minimum $1,200 with no recourse for what is obviously a manufacturer defect. Looking for any help you can provide a loyal Jeep owner.

-Marc

Thank you for tagging us, Katie Watson. If you need support while working with the dealership, please send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Reaching out to @JeepCares for help with my 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Seems I'm part of an unlucky few to have their sunroof explode. Insurance company (Progressive) denied my claim under my comprehensive policy; can't prove impact to the car, so I can't make a claim. They are pointing the finger at the manufacturer because of online threads like this one. My dealership said they never heard of spontaneously exploding sunroofs, and glass damage is not covered under the warranty. To make matters worse, they don't touch glass and can't perform the repairs (!?!). They sold me a replacement glass panel through Mopar for $800. A glass and body shop did the repair for $400 (although they couldn't complete the recalibration and now the window doesn't slide open/close). So I'm out a minimum $1,200 with no recourse for what is obviously a manufacturer defect. Looking for any help you can provide a loyal Jeep owner.

-Marc
Thank you for tagging us, we are sorry to hear this. Although we cannot guarantee any certain outcome here, we'd be happy to dig in. Feel free to send a private message or call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for tagging us, we are sorry to hear this. Although we cannot guarantee any certain outcome here, we'd be happy to dig in. Feel free to send a private message or call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I can't send you a private message because I can't figure out how. But I have a case (#85259372) with Jeep Customer Care. Can you reference that?

· Registered
2,596 Posts
I can't send you a private message because I can't figure out how. But I have a case (#85259372) with Jeep Customer Care. Can you reference that?
We can certainly dig in, but if you want us to provide details or update case notes, we'd need to speak privately or you can use the phone number provided. Generally, we don't like to fill the public forums with independent conversations, so we'd prefer you utilize those routes to communicate. Thank you for understanding.

Kate
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,306 Posts
You can't send a private message until you have entered a certain number of messages. I believe that it is 5, but someone here can correct me if I'm incorrect.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts