Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering why the sunroof screen on the 2014 Overland and Limited are different.

On the Overland, it appears to be one straight piece with nothing covering the sides (similar to a banner).

On the Limited, like mine, the screen wraps around to cover part of the sides.

I would imagine the sunroofs are identical.

This is for the standard sunroof, not the panoramic roof.

Just to be different?

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,607 Posts
Just wondering why the sunroof screen on the 2014 Overland and Limited are different.

On the Overland, it appears to be one straight piece with nothing covering the sides (similar to a banner).

Just to be different?
On the Overland, it only has a coupla plastic thingies on either side that appear to be used as the mechanism to lower it a bit as the sunroof closes.

Dunno... maybe they think Limited drivers will be going slower than Overland drivers and therefore the Limited needs protection against bugs entering from the sides and the Overland driver only needs frontal bug protection?

Ya ever think about what is the last thing that goes thru a bug's head as it hits your windshield?

... its *ss.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts

Just to be different?

I think the panoramic sunroof is standard on the Overland.

---

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you're talking about the manual fabric sliding cover on the bottom of the sunroof, mine is completely flat.

Standard sunroof. Limited, aug build date

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're talking about the manual fabric sliding cover on the bottom of the sunroof, mine is completely flat.

Standard sunroof. Limited, aug build date
Should have been more specific. I'm talking about the screen that pops up when the sunroof slides open.

·
Registered
421 Posts
oops, I see what ya mean.

I do have the side mesh on my Limited standard sunroof...and it's full of bugs, front and sides. Maybe the designers figured us Limited owners would actually drive where bugs live and leave the Starbucks parking lot to the Overland owners:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.