Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Trackhawk
29 Posts
I was hoping Jeep/SRT would have dealt with this in the development stages. Do your pulleys look mis-aligned?

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
TrackHawk
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to tell if they are....but something is hitting the belt along its path. That pic was 30 miles ago, it has gotten worse since then. I will limp it in to dealer when I'm back on March 5

·
Registered
TrackHawk
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick Update, nothing good to report. I went to dealer and they said they have to order a belt and that no one has them? 5-7 days .....So I'm limping around with it and trimming belt every time I stop.

gooweea

·
Registered
TrackHawk
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well today was the day another TrackHawk down. Supercharger Belt shredded and knocked off other belt clean. TH came to stop and pinkish liquid draining from front end. I had to drive about half a mile to safety until it shut down completely. Got it towed to dealer. Looks to me to be coolant? When it threw accessory belt maybe it clipped a hose? It will now be at dealer still waiting for a belt replacement and who knows whatever else damage was done

·
Registered
Trackhawk
29 Posts
Well today was the day another TrackHawk down. Supercharger Belt shredded and knocked off other belt clean. TH came to stop and pinkish liquid draining from front end. I had to drive about half a mile to safety until it shut down completely. Got it towed to dealer. Looks to me to be coolant? When it threw accessory belt maybe it clipped a hose? It will now be at dealer still waiting for a belt replacement and who knows whatever else damage was done
Not cool. Definitely keep us informed about how the dealer handles this. Sorry you're having the issue.

·
Registered
TrackHawk
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called SRT customer service today and started a case file as I'm not too happy with dealership so far. SRT seemed to be on the ball and concerned....time will tell.

gooweea

·
Registered
TrackHawk
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: TH back on road.......for now. Just picked up my TH today after being at dealer since it was towed in on March 6th. It sat at dealer waiting for the SC belt which came on Friday the 16th. Service dept didn't do a lot for me in trying to get the belt quicker..They replaced both belts, both tensioners, the alternator and the hood silencer. They said the coolant leak was just overflow when engine got hot. I will definitely keep and eye out for the slightest leak. The problem now is every time I drive and stop somewhere I pop the hood to check the belts.

time will tell
gooweea

·
Registered
Escalade
7 Posts
Might be worth buying a spare belt? Though if it happens again it suggests something is wrong with the pulley/idlers

·
Registered
TrackHawk
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, I'm kind of gun shy to drive it. Just want to make sure all is documented in case we get to "lemon" territory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts