Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2019 5.7L Limited X on CARMAX a few days ago and noticed that the previous owner installed aftermarket shocks/struts on the front and rear. Rear has ARB OME's part no. 60124 struts and part no. 3074 springs for an overall +1.5" lift in the rear based on OME's product detail sheet. The fronts are low... really low.. I have ~6" of clearance between tire and fender in the rear and ~2" of clearance in the front. I noticed that I was "bottoming out" on large speed bumps and highway overpass joints (NM is really bad) and can only figure that the strut is bottoming.

I took a look at the front shocks and struts and found that the struts were plain, non-descript, and "OEM-like" with no clear visual indication of aftermarket. The springs I believe to be aftermarket because of a tag that had been left behind on one spring that indicates "After installation, vehicle height may appear high. Allow coil springs to settle."

I need help identifying the make of the strut (if not OEM) based on the part no. (R: 121DG226/2103310002, L: 121DG225/2103310040) because I've exhausted my google searches. The springs manufacturer (part no. 49490 01 1A26) would be a bonus so that I know how low NOT to go with new springs. I like the rake that the jeep has right now, but it's just not practical, so I'd like to get the fronts back to original ride height.. or maybe keep it just a bit lowered, just not THAT low.

Automotive tire Rim Carbon Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Automotive tire Coil spring Synthetic rubber Tool Bicycle part

Fluid Font Publication Glass Glass bottle

·
Registered
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo
69 Posts
Interesting. I looked around to no avail. If you can’t get the info I’d be inclined to acquire the appropriate matching OME front struts/springs and let that be it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts