Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I very much dislike the non symmetrical look of a single exhaust tip and am looking to switch rear bumpers to accommodate the 2nd exhaust tip.
I've come across a bunch of these (pictured below) on eBay and they seem like an inexpensive solution to my problem.

My question is, is it that simple to just pop off the bottom portion of my bumper (pictured below) and clip this in? Are there other parts/pieces/clips I'd need? I'd hate to replace and repaint and entire bumper just to create a 2nd exhaust exit. This seems super easy if its a simple swap.

Happy to hear what you all have to say about this piece.

Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

·
Registered
JGC
867 Posts
Yes, it is. Just unclipped the bottom portion on a 2017, my neighbors, when I performed the cutouts for the OE Tow Hitch installation. It was a single exhaust. That said, I don't remember the brackets displayed on pic above, on the dual outlet lower bumper, when we took the single outlet lower bumper off.

Reactions: JakdMan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, it is. Just unclipped the bottom portion on a 2017, my neighbors, when I performed the cutouts for the OE Tow Hitch installation. It was a single exhaust. That said, I don't remember the brackets displayed on pic above, on the dual outlet lower bumper, when we took the single outlet lower bumper off.
Those brackets connect the the rear crossmember, or tow hitch IIRC to sorta hold the center of the valence in place. At least they did on my 2014 when installing the tow hitch. It is possible the later/ upscale models don't have those.

I'm actually planning on doing the same down the line. Looks just off without the dual tailpipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts