Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All. I just test drove the SRT and TH back to back (SRT then TH then SRT). No question the TH is insane, but I will say I have less FOMO than I did prior to driving the TH - eg the SRT felt fantastic.

SRT owners how satisfied are you with the SRT - TH envy? Given the option would you go TH? That said this is my local around town ride (limited to no highway driving). Impressions / thoughts? Never owned one, but based on the test drives I really like both - main difference being SRT is fast, TH is REALLY fast.

·
Premium Member
'14 Jeep Overland
867 Posts
It’s crazy fast, has yellow Brembos, supercharged badging & 40k more! You decide if you need it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SRT optioned with my company discount I'm at $69.5K; a similar TH options is $90K.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 2cents...

Would it be fun, sure, but I simply can’t jusitfy the price premium. I also don’t care for the changes they made to the red interior, there is simply to much compared to the 17 srt.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Kind of where I'm at - fun, for sure. Also comparing 2 really nice options. I "can" get the TH, just trying to rationalize if I “should”. E.g, first world problems...SRT or TH :lol: (material temptations-----)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love my SRT, I may look at a TH in a year or two once you can get them used for a reasonable price, but I wouldn't buy one new. Based on your statement "limited to no highway driving", I would say go for the SRT. The TH isn't going to be too much faster around town on surface streets, where you'd really see the difference is at highway speeds where the extra power will overcome the air resistance much better.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I say go for both, that's what I did... :D

2015 JGC SRT for the Wife
2018 JGC TrackHawk for me...

Oh and Jeepauug, great choice on color, I see in your signature you chose True Blue... That's the color TrackHawk I just ordered... ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Think I’m going with the TH. The test drive left a lasting memory of the TH - something I just can’t get out of my system. “Addictive and intoxicating” is a very accurate description.

·
Registered
2016 Rubicon
21 Posts
I have yet to meet a car enthusiast that would turn down an extra 237 horsepower in any vehicle. If you can make it work financially, its a no brainer!

·
Registered
Boeing 737
99 Posts
When I'm faced with a question like this, I ask myself what would I do if money was no object? That will determine what you really WANT. Once you know what you truly WANT, you can get an idea if you would ever truly be satisfied with anything less.

In situations like this I usually go full steam for the big prize. If I have to settle for something less due to finances, I either don't buy or I save until I can afford what I want. I've found that if I "settle for less" I'm rarely content.

Your personality may vary.

As I tell my kids.... If you get the best, you will never be disappointed.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
99 Posts
once when I was a kid - I saved my money to buy a JEEP - I had a '78 CJ7 and an '80 CJ7 in my cross hairs. both had the 4.0 -- The '78 was $2000 and the '80 was $4300 - the '80 was much nicer. Better sound system, seats, etc etc..

I only had $2100 saved. One more summer I could have the '80 -

I opted for the '78 - THAT WAS one HECK of A SUMMER! NOT one regret!!! I'd do it all over again.

But now - I'm 46. I've had an SRT in my cross hairs since 2012 - I've had a CHEROKEE and 3 different JGC's since 2003.

Just picked up 2015 SRT - Not ONE REGRET. I'd do it all over again!

Funny how it changes...

·
Registered
2018 JEEP SRT
25 Posts
I had the same "should I?" moment when I went in to order my SRT. The TH came out to just over $300/mo more than my SRT. I thought, would I rather have a TH with the extra HP, or the $11,000 in my bank account after the 36mos? I went for the cash. I just got out of a 600+hp 0-60 in 3.2 sec car, and yes it's a lot fun. But for me the novelty wears off and I find myself driving around town as if it has 300hp. After a couple months, the 0-whatever sprints were few and far between. I guess I'm getting old, and smarter with my money. I absolutely love my SRT and I really love the payment compared to my last 3 cars with $1200+/mo payments. Those days are over for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I test drove an SRT while I owned a 2002 Z06. It was disappointing. The TH is out of this world (to me). I just read the blurb on the new Vette ZR1. 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. I managed 3.1. It probably could go faster but traction was limited. 0-100 in 6.7. That is much faster than my measly 8.5 but as the speed increases so do the risks. But I can get 3 dogs in the back, or 5 adults, or a lawn mower :)

I love the fact that there is virtually nothing (that you'll bump into at the lights) around that will out accel 0 to 60. I read all the Jeep literature about the changes to the drivetrain and I was convinced. This truck rocks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts