Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty folks, after an unfortunate ending to my first wk build it's time to build WK #2. Here is what I picked up:
2008 WK limited, 5.7l, mineral grey metallic, dark khaki/light grey stone interior. Let the fun begin!

image-3424690659.jpg

·
Registered
451 Posts
Damn man sad to see that rig die. Well starting fresh now man. Good luck

·
Registered
2007 WK
1,126 Posts
got a busy few weeks ahead of you jay- lol aside from the SL did you keep the rims/tires/etc?

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
just saw the picture on the JOTM thread... that sucks man. did you post some where what happened to the other one?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kept everything aftermarket from the first one except for the Gibson exhaust (forgot it). I even kept the hood which will need a little work.

There are some different things I want to do with this one :)

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
239 Posts
Round two. Can't wait to see it come together!!

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,922 Posts
awesoem to meet you last week Jay!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You too Scott, Give me a shout if you are ever down In Knoxville!

·
Registered
Jeep wk
2,015 Posts
Cool bro. Good luck can't wait to see what you do this time.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chaul1 that's on my list! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
can wait u had one of the best wk on here along with (omelet^). i wanna run 35s like u guys but i haul alot and dont wanna break stuff. im getting 285/60/20s member (No One) is running them and it looks sweet.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
good luck bro!

get it done!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I like No One's setup. I didn't think I would like 20's until I saw his. I wouldn't run 20's in extreme wheeling but for moderate stuff they would perform just fine.
I'm not letting too many cats out of the bag on this build but I have to make it better than the last one, right? Otherwise I would miss it... :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I figured as much Jay ;)

can wait u had one of the best wk on here along with (omelet^). i wanna run 35s like u guys but i haul alot and dont wanna break stuff. im getting 285/60/20s member (No One) is running them and it looks sweet.
What you could do is have a DD set of 285s and an offroad set of 35s. That's what I do! I have a set of 295s for DD and then I swap the 35s on when I am going wheeling.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, it isn't much of a mod but I had to make a phone mount. Nothing on the market puts the phone where I want it and they cost too much anyway!

I used 1/8"x3/4" flat stock and 18gauge aluminum. The flat stock just slides in above the factory radio (dead center) until it hits the firewall, and it solidly wedges in place. Just bend it up at a 90 degree angle where it sticks out and cut it down to two inches vertical.

After that I just measured and cut a template on the aluminum, folded it up (like origami!) and mounted it to the vertical portion of the flat stock. I then rounded off some corners, drilled holes in the bottom for my wires, and Voila! perfectly placed phone mount. It's placement allows your phone to be a good dashboard cam too! :)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts