Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . or, he at least gets driven around in one.

The Nobel Peace Prize Committee has been meeting across the street from my office this week. Most of the "limos" are black Overlands:

Yes, they're crummy iPhone photos, but I thought this was kind of cool.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very cool.

·
Registered
Cherokee Trailhawk
966 Posts
And for WK2 drivers:

On our deathbed, we will receive total consciousness... So at least we've got that goin' for us.... which is nice.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Gandhi had a Laredo. He was quite the minimalist.
:lol::lol:

OK - Did you know that walking around barefoot all the time gave Gandhi a lot of corns on his feet? Did you know that eating that onion-rich vegetarian diet made him frail with bad breath?

Yup, he was a super-calloused fragile mystic, with extreme halitosis.

:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't check out every single one, but the ones I saw were V6s. I can't speak as to what vehicles were assigned to which dignitary, but the fact that they were V6 models would indicate to me that they were likely not armored, or, if they were, it was a rather lightweight approach. A full armor treatment adds a huge amount of weight, and usually the largest available engine is used (often modified for more power).

Some of my co-workers saw the Dalai Lama, Mikhail Gorbachev and Lech Walesa exiting the hotel. If I had to guess, these folks may have been traveling in armored vehicles. with those less likely to be targeted being moved around in the JGCs.

Of course, since it was a meeting of Nobel Laureates, some of them may symbolically shun extraordinary security measures.

·
Registered
Cherokee Trailhawk
966 Posts
Very cool office location. The most exciting thing I've seen out my office (when I worked in a large city) was two vagrants fornicating in the bushes. :lol:

Too much information !!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.