Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

461 - 480 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place for the question. Has anyone tried getting a 265/70/18 or a 285/65/18 (both are a 32.6" tire) under a wk2 with a 2 inch lift? Any regrets? Any serious rubbing when offroad or is it just impacting the felt arch liner?
Would be great to hear some opinions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in Calgary Canada.
First time in a Grand Cherokee. It's a 2018 Limited. I come from driving coupes and what not. My previous vehicle was an A5 on air.

Anyway. I really like the aggressive look of the SRT and want to semi emulate it's stance. I plan on lowering it a touch with the eibach springs (is there a better option?) It currently has OEM 20's. This vehicle is mostly for my wife and will not see any offroading whatsoever.

In your opinions, in terms of sizing and offset, what would be a nice aggressive look that wouldn't shoot dirt all up the side of the vehicle but still looks nice and flush. Again, I'm thinking the street SRT look, so not really looking for beefy looking tires. Thanks for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,606 Posts
First time in a Grand Cherokee. It's a 2018 Limited. I come from driving coupes and what not. My previous vehicle was an A5 on air.

Anyway. I really like the aggressive look of the SRT and want to semi emulate it's stance. I plan on lowering it a touch with the eibach springs (is there a better option?) It currently has OEM 20's. This vehicle is mostly for my wife and will not see any offroading whatsoever.

In your opinions, in terms of sizing and offset, what would be a nice aggressive look that wouldn't shoot dirt all up the side of the vehicle but still looks nice and flush. Again, I'm thinking the street SRT look, so not really looking for beefy looking tires. Thanks for your help guys.
Again with the, "aggressive look" thing :slapfight:

·
Registered
768 Posts

22x10.5 +38 ET if you arent planning on brembos +35 if you are planning on brembos. 305/35/22 tires are the best size to go with.

You can get air ride for the jeep too ya know :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: The official Wheel thread - NEW Wheels

So after 5 years with the 20" Altitude Edition wheels, I just got the new OE Wheels SRT Spider Monkey Replicas put on and the rim size is 20x8.5. Right now I am using the tires I had on the stock rims (Toyo Proxes RT 265/50/20) but when it's time for new tires I may go for the 285/45/20. The wheels have a 42mm offset. I shouldn't see any issues with rubbing right? The speedo will barely be off. I want the wider tires and the slightly lower profile. The new tires are only .3 inches shorter than stock tires. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,606 Posts
I went to an LT tyre in the stock size 265/60/18 because I wanted a tougher tyre. There is a bit of rubbing on the fender liner after some serious off-road work so anything larger would have been a problem. However, if you are sticking with a passenger tyre then I wouldn't really know but I would expect problems unless you intend to stay on the street.

461 - 480 of 486 Posts