Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(This represents a semi-comprehensive list of the most recommended additions/mods recommended to any new WJ owner from fellow WJ owners)

Lighting:

Projector Headlights (3rd Gen)
HID Kit (Recommended sellers include The Retrofit Source, V-LED's and Xenon Depot.)
LED Interior and Exterior Bulb Replacement (Recommended sellers include V-LED's, SuperBrightLED's and Autolumination)
LED Tail Lights
LED 3rd Brake Light
Quad Taillight Mod

Engine Performance:

Cold Air Intake
Gatorback Serpentine Belts
Ported Throttle Body
Tuning Chip

Suspension:

Addco Front and Rear Sway Bars
Bilstein HD Shocks

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:

Akebono Brake Conversion (Only for WJ's manufactured before May 11th, 2002)
EBC Brakes
SRT Replica Wheels

Interior:

3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Wrap
Weathertech Floor Liners

Exterior:

3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Wrap
Air Deflectors
Bosch Icon Wiper Blades
De-Badging
De-Roof Racking
Grill Mesh/Inserts
Lumar Charcoal Window Tint
Shorty Antenna
Tail Light Tint

Audio/Video:

iPod Integration Kit
OEM Nav Unit (RB1)

Oil, Fuel and Transmission Components/Fluids:

Fumoto Oil Drain Valves

(If you would like to recommend anything in particular, feel free to message me)

(Special thanks to FlyinRyan, Gus9890 and TJXJWJ)

·
Registered
164 Posts
How much wrap you need really depends on how much of the interior you want to do. Do you want to do just the trim pieces? Or the trim and dash bezels? If the latter, a 60" x 48" roll will be plenty.

·
Premium Member
WJ Limited
4,825 Posts
I got a silverwire CF trim kit for around the door switch panels, around the vents, etc. It's a good start and doesn't turn out bad at all. I go to a lot of high end car events and have gotten a lot of compliments and it ain't even finished yet. Eventually when I have time and money I'm going to finish things up with both silverwire and regular CF.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice list, thanks for compiling the info!

Reactions: Gus9890

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there a main or overwhelming blatant reason someone would de-rack their roof?? i was always taught that was blasphemous to "de" anything especially you're
Rack. In all seriousness why would someone do that for anything other than aesthetic purposes?

·
Registered
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 4.7 HO stock for now
2 Posts
Is there a main or overwhelming blatant reason someone would de-rack their roof?? i was always taught that was blasphemous to "de" anything especially you're
Rack. In all seriousness why would someone do that for anything other than aesthetic purposes?
I have a top carrier that I used on my 99 GC very often. Loved it. I'm adding it to my new purchase 02 Overland any time I need it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have a top carrier that I used on my 99 GC very often. Loved it. I'm adding it to my new purchase 02 Overland any time I need it.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts