Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
High Altitude 4x4
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you or do you not have problems with it? And if your's has problems, what's wrong? Does anyone have one that is completely problem free?

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
There is a lot of UConnect issues from what I have read. Hopefully they will fix those before I will take delivery.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Has two small flaws in paint(like small grains of sand under clearcoat. That's all.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Problem free here on uconnect - had my share of issues though but all have been fixed by dealer

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
Browse over the threads as some folks who have taken delivery have listed their issue/s regarding the MY14. Common issues, as Roki stated, deals with the 8.4 UConnect radios.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I've had my 14 Summit for over a week now.

The liftgate was not aligned correctly at the factory. Was way to tight on left side. So much for their laser equipment checking gaps. Steering wheel was off center. As above mentioned, a few small specks of what looks like dirt in the paint. Center console had poor fit to the right of shifter.

And to think mine was pulled after assembly for a 29 mile "Quality Assurance Test". See attached photo. What a joke.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

The liftgate was not aligned correctly at the factory. Was way to tight on left side. So much for their laser equipment checking gaps. Steering wheel was off center. As above mentioned, a few small specks of what looks like dirt in the paint. Center console had poor fit to the right of shifter.

And to think mine was pulled after assembly for a 29 mile "Quality Assurance Test". See attached photo. What a joke.
I was browsing Cars.com last night and saw a 2014 that had the tailgate that was waaaay left as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Totally understand your disappointment...You're making me nervous.. Expecting mine next week...what corrective steps has the dealer taken?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I was browsing Cars.com last night and saw a 2014 that had the tailgate that was waaaay left as well.
My 2012 is aligned closer to the right...I guess they overcorrected on the 2014s lol.

I would say that anyone picking up a 2014 early on is likely going to see some of the issues mentioned in this thread and others. It's generally the risk you take purchasing the first year of a redesign or refresh. I've seen this with many different manufacturers...as much as some like to bash Chrysler for the qc...they aren't the only ones subject to these road bumps.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Totally understand your disappointment...You're making me nervous.. Expecting mine next week...what corrective steps has the dealer taken?
They sent my Jeep over to a body shop who did an excellent job of centering the liftgate. AND they didn't do any damage inside or out while doing the adjustment which was a relief. The dealer put the Jeep on their Hunter alignment rack and after 2 attempts in 2 days, first day even though they adjusted toe setting since both sides were out from the factory, I think the wheel is now centered. Didn't use it today so I'll try it tomorrow. The paint specs I didn't even mention since I've never seen any vehicle, no matter what it might cost, that has a perfect paint job from the factory.

·
Registered
303 Posts
...The paint specs I didn't even mention since I've never seen any vehicle, no matter what it might cost, that has a perfect paint job from the factory.
Not sure the ones I have are repairable, short of repainting whole panel, so I suppose I'll live with them.

I've seen multiple hundreds of BMW and Mercedes(and other manufacturers)with flawless paint. The flaws in my paint would be, and are, totally unacceptable for these high end customers/dealers/manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I would say that anyone picking up a 2014 early on is likely going to see some of the issues mentioned in this thread and others. It's generally the risk you take purchasing the first year of a redesign or refresh. I've seen this with many different manufacturers...as much as some like to bash Chrysler for the qc...they aren't the only ones subject to these road bumps.
I'll agree with that assessment wholeheartedly. I have a '08 Buick Enclave that I bought in July of '07, one of the first batch to hit the dealerships. I've really loved this vehicle, and for me it's been practically trouble free, but the '08 MY are evidently having a very high catastrophic failure rate of the tranny between 60k and 100k miles. The fix to avoid this can cost $2k. Tranny replacement is $3k to $4k. Most owners were covered under the 5 year powertrain warranty. I've passed the 5 years, so I'm buying the Jeep. But I'll be getting the MaxCare Lifetime warranty, as I hope to keep the Jeep at least 10 yrs. You buy your ticket and take your chances!

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
So far so good. 600+ miles.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They sent my Jeep over to a body shop who did an excellent job of centering the liftgate. AND they didn't do any damage inside or out while doing the adjustment which was a relief. The dealer put the Jeep on their Hunter alignment rack and after 2 attempts in 2 days, first day even though they adjusted toe setting since both sides were out from the factory, I think the wheel is now centered. Didn't use it today so I'll try it tomorrow. The paint specs I didn't even mention since I've never seen any vehicle, no matter what it might cost, that has a perfect paint job from the factory.
Glad to hear of the "fixes"..what about the center console you mentioned?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not sure the ones I have are repairable, short of repainting whole panel, so I suppose I'll live with them.

I've seen multiple hundreds of BMW and Mercedes(and other manufacturers)with flawless paint. The flaws in my paint would be, and are, totally unacceptable for these high end customers/dealers/manufacturers.
I can speak from my BMW experience....a while ago, a new 2001 740I Sport...just flawless, in and out, and the paint job.... perfect. Can still pass anything on the highway, except......a gas station :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Only issue with mine is a random smell inside... Smells like some type of fluid burning or very hot, no leaks and cant smell it outside of vehicle, temperature is normal, someone mentioned on a thread i started that the hemi has tons of stickers that melt and smell.
Hope its just that.
Other than that, i cant stop driving my first hemi equipped GC.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
My 2012 is aligned closer to the right...I guess they overcorrected on the 2014s lol.

When I went by my dealer tonight I got out and looked at a limited that was aligned waaaay to far to the right too. Jeep really should have had this crap taken care of by now.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I had the Uconnect system freeze once and the shifter was broken on mine upon delivery, but the dealer has a replacement on order to fix this issue. Other than that, everything else has been flawless and I just rolled over 150 miles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a rattle in the rear somewhere that's audible when driving over some of the concrete freeways around here. The dealer is going to look at it this Saturday. Aside from that I haven't had any issues.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts