Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just recently installed a set of 18" stock Sahara wheels on my 13 Laredo. Fitment is great and ride quality is much better than my previous 20's. I was thinking about plasti-dipping them black and possibly using the glossifier on them as well. Is anybody good with photoshop and can make the wheels in the 2 below pics black for me please? :cool:

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

· Registered
2012 GC 4x4
305 Posts
It doesn't look bad, but if you have the chance, flip your tires around so that the black writing is on the outside. The white riding is distracting.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might plastic my 18's that I still have from the wrangler. Looks nice
How's the ride with the 18's? I have 20's & I'm guessing it'll be a little softer?
The ride IMO is just right, I started with 17s and it was too soft, went to 20s and was a little too harsh, since switching to the 18s I have zero complaints! This tire is a little bit taller than stock though so it absorbs more of the road imperfections.

· Registered
791 Posts
I suggest you get the real thing, powdercoat. Plastidip looks like crap after a couple of months while powdercoat is of great quality and durable. You can do flat, semi-flat or glossy.

A year a go and on a different forum I did a poll for my Discoverer AT 3s, white letters in or out, the results were split 50/50. I went with white letter outs and love it.

· Registered
17 Posts
I had an 08 Tacoma. I looked and looked for a aftermarket wheels but couldn't find one I liked so I flat PC'd the stock wheels, I thought it looked great. It also had BFG's with the white facing out. I would also suggest PC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.