Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple week old JGC Limited X and in the last day a thumping sound has developed from the rear driver side area. There’s nothing inside or in the spare area thats moving. I took a look under the car, especially around the wheel well area and didn’t see anything obvious. i know sounds can be deceitful to track down but am curious if anyone else here has found something that would cause this.

also there is this tube that is hanging down the side skirt that might be the culprit. Is this a fuel overflow tube? And does it look out of place?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The tube is probably a drain for the sun roof. As for the thumping, check that your lug nuts are all tight. If noise persists, see your dealer asap.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lug nuts are good. I drove around with it a bit more and it sounds like something is maybe dangling and slapping against the vehicle. The sounds happens when going over bumps and you'll hear a couple of residual thumps after the bump has passed. I checked again and didnt see anything obvious. Closest dealer is telling me they are booked two weeks out (really loathe that place).

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Lug nuts are good. I drove around with it a bit more and it sounds like something is maybe dangling and slapping against the vehicle. The sounds happens when going over bumps and you'll hear a couple of residual thumps after the bump has passed. I checked again and didnt see anything obvious. Closest dealer is telling me they are booked two weeks out (really loathe that place).
Hello,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. If you need any assistance throughout your service visit, please send our team a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts