Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 grand Cherokee limited with 87000 miles, and 3.6l. I have recently noticed a "ticking" sound coming from right side of engine that appears after engine is warmed up, It "ticks" faster when accelerating. It is not noticeable inside of car, also comes and goes. I have checked oil level and all is good there. any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I regret to say that I’ve had that same noise twice (at 70K and at 90K) With my GC. I have a 2014 GC Ltd. with 97K and a V-6. I have fanatically maintained the GC since new, and except for the failing rocker arm, the Jeep has been trouble free. The “ticking” noises is likely a failing rocker arm, (which left unattended will damage the cam). It’s an expensive fix, but in my case an extended warranty saved the day (plus the dealer warrants all engine work for two years.).
I would have the dealer check out the Jeep immediately. After the diagnosis, hopefully it will be covered under warranty. If not, talk it over with dealer and the FCA area manager for recourse under goodwill.
I LOVE my GC, but I am seriously considering buying an MDX for my next car, despite my strong preference for a Grand Cherokee.
Like a wife or a girlfriend that cheated on you, you may well still love her, but you’ll never trust her.

·
Registered
2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well took it to the shop yesterday and got the news...🤬 Will be getting a new engine due to bad rocker arms and they also found metal shavings in crankcase. Good news is the extended warranty is covering everything.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well took it to the shop yesterday and got the news...🤬 Will be getting a new engine due to bad rocker arms and they also found metal shavings in crankcase. Good news is the extended warranty is covering everything.
regarding a new engine under warranty...WOW! You did even better than me! Christmas came early for you!!!
( Now, just get that trans fluid changed, and enjoy your GC!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts