Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Moparpalooza Founder
2014 Durango R/T
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I will be ordering a 14 Black Durango R/T and trading in my '10 Jeep SRT. I wanted a '14 Jeep SRT but need to start college funds for my kids, etc.

Plan is to do a Mopar theme Durango. Already have talked to Katzkin about an interior swap. Would love to do the brembo swap and power coat them Mopar Blue.

Sad that my 8 year SRT run will be over but need to put family first.

· Moparpalooza Founder
2014 Durango R/T
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's going to be a LONG couple of months.... According to a close friend order banks open end of July with them hitting showrooms end of Aug.

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
may be longer than that...probably august with late sept. deliveries

· Moparpalooza Founder
2014 Durango R/T
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealers get allocation and ordering info next week

· Premium Member
Dah! My Jeeps
835 Posts
I was looking at the 2014 R/T and it looks very nice inside.
Is the katzkin cheaper than factory leather?

· Moparpalooza Founder
2014 Durango R/T
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was looking at the 2014 R/T and it looks very nice inside.
Is the katzkin cheaper than factory leather?
It depends on how much customization you do. I'm not doing it from a cost standpoint. I just want something different.

· Moparpalooza Founder
2014 Durango R/T
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The next few weeks are going to drag by. Est delivery is 9/3.

· Moparpalooza Founder
2014 Durango R/T
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hope to have the new truck tomorrow.

Sadly the guy doing the install is backed up doing a bunch of SEMA work so no new interior till after SEMA.

· Registered
305 Posts
First you say you want to save, then you say you want to spend on different seat covers and other modifications.....

If you are not, you will never regret being debt free, rather than a debt slave. Yes, my wife and I are completely debt free, 56 & 51, own our home, and own 13 rental houses. We buy vehicles with cash (great fun, as the dealership personnel do not believe it until I had them the checks). I was a debt slave when younger, but that was stupid.

· Premium Member
Durango Citadel
975 Posts
First you say you want to save, then you say you want to spend on different seat covers and other modifications.....

If you are not, you will never regret being debt free, rather than a debt slave. Yes, my wife and I are completely debt free, 56 & 51, own our home, and own 13 rental houses. We buy vehicles with cash (great fun, as the dealership personnel do not believe it until I had them the checks). I was a debt slave when younger, but that was stupid.
But you also have no idea what his financial situation is.

Yes, he said he wanted to save, but that was it. He didn't say how much he needed, what is situation was or anything else.

Everyone's priorities in life are different. I'm sure we're all happy for you your situation. I'm sure Immo is comfortable with his and his decision.

Reactions: fireman

· Moparpalooza Founder
2014 Durango R/T
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thank you for your concern but trust in knowing that I am still saving a very large amount of $$ by not going the SRT route but also getting the bigger SUV that my family needs at this stage in our lives.

Also know that my wife is a coal miner's daughter and a Grad of one of the top business school's in the country. She is both smart and very frugal with our $$$.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.