Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a nice warm Spring day so after a Winters snow, dirt, dust and grime i sprayed down my Jeep!
Horror!

No matter how much i sprayed that Jeep fine sand still came running out of the cracks and crevices especially in the rear hatch area.

Bug guts that refuse to be moved, specs of road tar on the front end and else where, Oh the humanity!
My plan is to wash it best i can, clay bar and a final coat of wax.

It'll be good til next Winter! lol

Reactions: OldBlue61

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
69 Posts
Yeah, just waiting until a little nicer weather to do the same to mine. Wheels and under the hood need a good detailing as well.

Reactions: moparado

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,927 Posts
I've gotten the WK2 cleaned up pretty well. I haven't touched the LJ since I parked it. It's still quite salty, can't wait to pop the top and clean it up.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's so many new hybrid ceramic waxes including washes out there including something til now i've never heard of, graphene type waxes.
Been using Meguires ceramic hybrid with decent results.

Think if i can find it locally might pickup that new 303 graphene nano spray and try it out.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4, 3.6L V6
69 Posts
I do like the 303 products. Especially their convertible top and interior products.

·
Registered
21 JGC Overland and 18 Audi SQ5
144 Posts
I did a light paint correction last summer on one of my vehicles that is a medium blue, used the Meguairs Hybrid ceramic with really good results.

Turtle Wax has graphene hybrid spray now I might try this year Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax 23 FL OZ

I liked the ease of putting the Meguairs Hybrid ceramic on the surface and was easy to re-apply every few weeks to boost the shine

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The weather here is still iffy but when it calms down some gonna try their new 303 graphene nano wax.
Been really impressed with their 303 interior protectorant.
The only auto part stores around here that carry 303 products is O'Reilys.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good write up on the 303 Graphene product, I buy some of my detailing products from here

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey RCP7 thanks for posting a link to that article, even book marked it.
I like the fact that it can even be used on plastic trim same as Meguires hybrid ceramic wax.

Now the hunt for it locally.
If O'Reily's don't carry it yet maybe Wallyworld stocks it.

Reactions: RCP7

·
Registered
708 Posts
It’s on Amazon for $19. Good article although I’m not sure about it being a little sticky when wiping it off.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It’s on Amazon for $19. Good article although I’m not sure about it being a little sticky when wiping it off.
I always try first to find stuff locally to keep the businesses around here going even if it costs a little more.
Yeah 'that great long South American river of a store' would be my last resort.

Far as the sticky thing, just have to try it and give it a (y)(n)

Reactions: RCP7

·
Registered
144 Posts
My buddy growing up and me detailed cars in high school (late 70's) and he made of business out of it when he moved to CO so he has been detailing cars for many years. Asked him about the 303 Graphene product and he said it is a really good product and has used it personally.
Last fall he did a full paint correction on a new Corvette and finished with the Adam's Polishes Graphene Ceramic Coating and said the shine on the red Vette was amazing and should last for a year.

A little pricey but might be worth it compared to what professional shops charge for applying their ceramic coatings. Adam's is based in Denver and he went there to talk about this product with him before using.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My buddy growing up and me detailed cars in high school (late 70's) and he made of business out of it when he moved to CO so he has been detailing cars for many years. Asked him about the 303 Graphene product and he said it is a really good product and has used it personally.
Last fall he did a full paint correction on a new Corvette and finished with the Adam's Polishes Graphene Ceramic Coating and said the shine on the red Vette was amazing and should last for a year.

A little pricey but might be worth it compared to what professional shops charge for applying their ceramic coatings.
Good stuff ^
Finally, a review of sort from someone who has actually used 303 Graphene.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with any of these as long as you prep well. Wash, dry, clay bar/mitt and apply. 303 Graphene may get a little tacky but only if you let it sit for a while, if you have good clean microfibers it shouldn't be bad. Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax has been my go to for a while just because maintaining it is suuuuch a breeze. Initial application is wipe on, wipe off, but after that spray it on a few panels, then power wash it off.

Everything I've seen on Adam's UV Ceramic's is enticing just because you can visually see any high/low spots quickly but if I'm going to spend the money and time to prep I'm going Gtechniq CS Light and Exo.

·
Registered
144 Posts
There is a step before applying the final product that I believe is very important and my buddy agrees, wipe down the surface with a wax and grease remover or surface prep like this

Promotes maximum adhesion of the final product.

·
Registered
144 Posts
jonsfoto I agree with the ease of application of the Meguairs Hybrid Ceramic and you can boost easily with the spray on power wash off or use the Mequairs Hybrid Ceramic Detailer spray as you dry the car. Ease of use makes it easy to keep protection level up monthly.

Just ordered the Adam's Graphene Kit, I'll update this post in a few weeks when I get a weekend to work on my 18 Audi, will do the 21 JGC Overland after I go through learning process with other car.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All great stuff.
Here's the thing though in my WK2's situation.
My '18 GC TrailHawk is my goto in rain, sleet, snow and muddy weather.
So i don't necessarily want to spend too much time and money on it.
I'll probably use the Meguires hybrid ceramic on it as always but this time with a good clay barring prep.

Now my old Jeep XJ is delegated as a fair weather driver where i do want to spend time and money tricking it up.
Thats probably where i'd use some of these new wax products first.

Similar with my F150 although its somewhere between a fair and an inclement weather driver.
Being a larger mass and higher, the truck is also a PITA to wash and wax so i try to avoid that when possible.

Far as grease and wax removers for surface prepping, i understand some detailers just use ordinary rubbing alcohol?

·
Registered
107 Posts
All great stuff.
Here's the thing though in my WK2's situation.
My '18 GC TrailHawk is my goto in rain, sleet, snow and muddy weather.
So i don't necessarily want to spend too much time and money on it.
I'll probably use the Meguires hybrid ceramic on it as always but this time with a good clay barring prep.

Now my old Jeep XJ is delegated as a fair weather driver where i do want to spend time and money tricking it up.
Thats probably where i'd use some of these new wax products first.

Similar with my F150 although its somewhere between a fair and an inclement weather driver.
Being a larger mass and higher, the truck is also a PITA to wash and wax so i try to avoid that when possible.

Far as grease and wax removers for surface prepping, i understand some detailers just use ordinary rubbing alcohol?
In my opinion it's actually more important to protect the inclement weather drivers that the fair weather. When the paint is protected it makes for easier cleaning when you do decide to clean it up. So a simple spray on wax like Hybrid Ceramic Wax, or Turtle Wax Seal/Shine that doesn't take too much work but make life easier on down the road is great.

Then you can put a good carnauba on the XJ (takes more work, doesn't last a long time but golly looks good!).

You can use alcohol, but you want to dilute it 50/50.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts