Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just seeing if anyone has done there own taillight tinting. It doesn't seem that hard so I'm ganna do it this weekend. Any tips would be great! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2009 GC Limited
389 Posts
get it done professionally, you will be alot happier with the results

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? That's disappointingly think I'm going to still try it, if it comes out bad I could always take it off. But thankx for the advice. Does a regular window tint shop do tail lights too?

·
Registered
246 Posts
A window stint shop should be able to tint your tails. I got a quote for $200 for mine.

Any recommendations on darkness? I want a good look but practicality.

·
Premium Member
07 grand cherokee
2,903 Posts
i used laminx on mine. and i had it done at a local recommended shop. i also would just have a professional do it if you have it painted or have film put on.

i got the smoke color.

if you want them sprayed you should check out scotts paint and performance he is a vendor here and he does AMAZING work for great prices!

im not sure what year wk you have but there are a pair of tinted 05-06 tails for sale in the classified section.

good luck!

·
Registered
2010 JEEP SRT8
1,742 Posts
I did mine myself with night shades. kind of a pain,but I like 'em!

And with the parking lights on, in different lighting

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, I'm ganna try this weekend and get some photos up so all of you can see... It's an 07 wk 3.7l black!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did mine my self with night shades. Worked amazing would definitely not waste the money on having someone else do it. I just taped the body off and the back up light lens clear area. And sprayed away. I did about 4 even coats on both tails and 3rd brake light. Looks great sorry no pics though might be able to get one later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well did the tinting ... A little trickier than I predicted. They didn't come out perfect but not bad for never doing it before. Also debadged the rear end too. Came out good as well but u can still see a little of where the badges used to be. Do I need to take a rubbing compound or something to it to make it disappear better. Let me know thanks

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
a lil bit of goo gone and then some wax and you're golden!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts