Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
JEEP
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is time to put some new rubber on the jeep. Just want a few opinions and see what you guys think. I am in desperate need of tires.

Right now I am looking at:

255/70/r17
General Grabber At2
Hankook Dynapro ATM
Falken Rocky Mountain ATS

This route will be with a 2' RC Lift and probably spacers, pinch weld.

265/70/r17
Goodyear Wrangler Authority
Mickey Thompson Baja Radial STZ

I am open to options and ideas. I mostly due road work with a little bit of free way driving.

So what do you guys think????

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm running the General Grabber AT2 tires and haven't had any problems with them. Road noise isn't bad and they do great in snow and mud.

·
Registered
2005 Grand Cherokee
1,019 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor's FTW

·
Registered
2007 Grand Cherokee
101 Posts
I recently got 245/70/17 Duratracs and absolutely love them! I would also add Cooper Discoverer AT3's to your list...those have been getting very good reviews also.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I've found Cooper AT3's are much better than the Firestone Dest AT or the 2 different Goodyear's I had on mine. Great in snow, plus highway driving is smoother, also over potholes, bumps, and offroad they are great. Quieter at Hwy speed than the Dest. with just a little hum at lower speed.

·
Registered
08 4.7L WK
741 Posts
I fully back the Cooper AT3's. cant say enough good things about these tires all around. and they are cheaper than FS Destinations and BFGs.

·
Registered
16 75th 3.6
821 Posts
I have 255/65/17 General Grabber at2's on my 09 4.7 laredo. Awesome tire great in the snow and rain and not much louder the fortera's I replaced

1 - 10 of 10 Posts