Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my 17 grand Cherokee limited and purchased a 2” leveling kit and want to purchase new rims and tires they are 305/55R20 (33x12R20) on a 20X9 rim with a +18 offset. Does anyone know if they will fit? Any things I would need to make them fit? I don’t do any off roading it’s definitely a pavement princess.

·
Registered
2014 GC Overland Diesel 4x4
375 Posts
I think you will have problems fitting a 33” tire. I am running a 32.17” tire and definitely rub.

Dig around here a little bit and you will find a good thread on fitment, offset and backspace.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,798 Posts
There are multiple threads on tire sizes and fit. 32" is the max tire diameter, you can go up to 33" with modifications like pounding down the pinch welds in the wheel wells.

The OEM wheels are +56.4mm offset, so an aftermarket wheel with a +18mm offset would be a difference of 36.4mm, the equivalent of putting 1.5" spacers on the wheels. Pushing the wheels outside the fenders at 33" might make for rubbing on the wheel opening in the fender as you turn in.....

·
Registered
304 Posts
Agree with the others above. Those are going to rub, probably a lot. Even people who run 33's don't usually run anything wider than 285. 305 is crazy wide. They're probably going to rub your upper control arms unless you offset them by a lot, and when you do that you're going to create a whole bunch of other rubbing issues. Prepare for ongoing issues fighting rubbing if you go with that size, and probably major modifications to make it work. Personally I would stick with a tire size that's known to work.

Reactions: andrewsiff
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.