Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 wk2 altitude and have the stock halogen lights which are terrible at night. I’m looking at getting LEDs for both high/low beams and fog lights. Any recommendations on what brand/brightness to use?

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,580 Posts
I've always gone to The Retrofit Source. I would think you'd have a better output with HIDs in the projectors.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
3,687 Posts
The Sylvania SilverStar Ultra are a vast improvement over conventional bulbs. They are conventional bulbs, but the element is overdriven with a blue filter, so its brighter with a color temperature closer to daylight. More expensive than regular bulbs, but cheaper than LED's or HID retrofits, only drawback, since the element is overdriven, they tend not to last as long as regular bulbs....

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Lots of info here: My LED lighting changes - 2018 Laredo

Using the forum search function will also produce more results.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just got our 2019 Trailhawk and were pretty disappointed with the OEM halogens. With HID upgrades you usually get what you pay for, but after a lot of research I realized there were some affordable LEDs that were worth trying.

We had just installed the GTR lighting in our Pathfinder's reflector and had great results, so I was ready to try another LED bulb in the Jeep projector. Bulbfacts . com was really helpful and is where I did the most of my research. They also have discounts.

We ended up going with the Hikari Ultras in the low beams and the Hikari LED in the fogs. These where $90 and $40 before discounts. Overall I'm very happy with the results, especially for the price. I'm sure I could have gotten slightly more output and better beam patterns, but the Hikaris are impressive for the price.

Alignment for LEDs is crucial! The Hikaris have the ability to rotate and it drastically changes the output, so make sure you install properly if you go the LED route.

·
Registered
Altitude
2,741 Posts
The Sylvania SilverStar Ultra are a vast improvement over conventional bulbs. They are conventional bulbs, but the element is overdriven with a blue filter, so its brighter with a color temperature closer to daylight.
I 100% agree

1 - 7 of 7 Posts