Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
'18 JGC (WK2) Trailhawk
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used Titan Wheel Spacers? If so, what was your experience (off road durability etc).

Specs appear to be on-par with top brands (Bora / Spidertrax) - but possibly better?

Titan advertises built with "Aerospace" aluminum, but not what specific grade of aluminum.
Most spacers have 10.9 grade steel lugs, but Titans have harder 12.9 grade. Harder isn't always better (ask any woman) given potential to be more brittle, but is this considered an improvement in the case of lugs?

Top brands get to charge premium prices for their name brand, but doesn't mean they are better than less expensive products. Not seeing a lot of reviews or any mentions on here, and figured I'd see if anyone has used them.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
I've personally used spacers off Amazon ( forget brand name ) with my Wrangler Rubicon off-roading and rock crawling for over 2 years and never an issue!! I'll probably be running the Titan's soon as well because they make the 1" that I want, which many brands don't. You'll be fine! Many others have used Titan as well.

Registered
'18 JGC (WK2) Trailhawk
Discussion Starter #3
I've personally used spacers off Amazon ( forget brand name ) with my Wrangler Rubicon off-roading and rock crawling for over 2 years and never an issue!! I'll probably be running the Titan's soon as well because they make the 1" that I want, which many brands don't. You'll be fine! Many others have used Titan as well.
Yeah, same thing here - Titan has the sizes I want (1.5" (Fr) and 1.75" (Rr)) which some of the top brands dont have for WK2s, or dont have both. What do you use for locking in the spacer-to-rotor nuts? Loctite? Was thinking of a dual nut w/lock washer inbetween, but not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
Yes loctite, and some spacers come with a tube of loctite when you buy them. I always run loctite, especially with off-roading. Some guys will complain about using it.

Registered
'18 JGC (WK2) Trailhawk
Discussion Starter #5
Yes loctite, and some spacers come with a tube of loctite when you buy them. I always run loctite, especially with off-roading. Some guys will complain about using it.
How do you apply the loctite to prevent breaking the hold when re-torqing? Do you bead it near the outside, or just normal application over entire thread under nut seat?

Registered
'18 JGC (WK2) Trailhawk
Discussion Starter #7
I bought red loctite thread locker....uhoh, finding out it's only removable at 500 degrees?!? What version loctite do you use?

Registered
I used them with OEM wheels and they were just fine in my opinion. Quality seemed just as good as any other name brand spacer I've had.

Registered
'18 JGC (WK2) Trailhawk
Discussion Starter #10
Blue. Red Loctite will make harder to get off.
So, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on getting the Titans. Was already in the process of installing, up on stands with the wheels off when finding that out (didn't know anything about threadlocker, just went with strongest availabe at Lowes - Red 271 high strength- which seemed fitting with the red Trailhawk accents). Was thinking it was just a stronger loctite superglue, not "damn-near-weld-threads-together" stuff.

Did more searching and seems many use it with few problems (some spacers come with red), just overkill and takes a lot more elbow grease to take off, which I'm ok with as long as I dont need a torch to do it. Someone recommended using a thin line of it, but didn't specify in which direction. Rather than putting everything back together to make a store run, figured I'd cross my fingers with the thin bolt line strip on top across threads. Figured it would either be a minimal application, or simply not do much- in which case I could just apply the blue next time (will test at 50mi re-torque time).

The Titans seem very well made. Test fitting in this pic - all their spacers are hubcentric and seat perfectly even without nuts. The 1.5" spacers sit flush with the lug bolts - no grinding required. The spacer-to-rotor nuts (still sitting on the spacer-to-wheel lugs) are conical/tapered seats, which is much better than others with flat seats.

Went with 1.5" in front, and 1.75" in rear to make a more even match with the slightly-wider rear flaring. Pics from others with 1.5 all around seemed like the rear was a tad tucked in, but now that it's installed, maybe that .25" is too much...we'll see.

Registered
I bought some 1.25鈥 hub-centric spacers on Amazon, but haven鈥檛 installed them yet. I was worried that I should have gone wider, but think I鈥檇 prefer it to the more aggressive look that you got. I鈥檓 not macho enough to pull THAT off. Thank you for the terrific photos.

Registered
'18 JGC (WK2) Trailhawk
Discussion Starter #12
I bought some 1.25鈥 hub-centric spacers on Amazon, but haven鈥檛 installed them yet. I was worried that I should have gone wider, but think I鈥檇 prefer it to the more aggressive look that you got. I鈥檓 not macho enough to pull THAT off. Thank you for the terrific photos.
Hah, I'm not macho enough to pull it off either! 1.25"s would've (likely) required grinding down all 20 lug bolts and didn't want to do that. Plus, I needed to compensate for up-coming bigger tires - and a tiny pecker :p

Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
As long as the rims have the space relief (whatever it's called) on the back of the rims you can run a 1" spacer as that is what I am doing. Some rims do not have that though and then you are stuck with grinding or running a 1.5" spacer minimum. Looks good. I started with 1.5" until I found out about the space relief and ordered the 1" and got them the other day. I might throw the 1" front and 1.5" rear, but won't know until I install the wheels after lifting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts