Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all,

I'm trying to finalize my decision. The Tow Group IV is what I'm hesitating.

The target is 2012 JGC Limited HEMI. Since I will take V8 5.7, even though I'm not a big fan of tow, Shouldn't I add Tow Group IV to utilize the power? Or, just install an after-market hitch.

How about resell value for with or without the Two Group?

I have gotten a lot here and thank you all once more.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tow Group is pretty inexpensive for what you get.

Not only do you get the beautifully mounted and tucked in fully engineered trailer hitch, but all the electronics that go along with it, and the extra cooling for engine and transmission. You get the integrated dual plug in for lights and trailer braking and tow/haul button on the dash.

You will most likely never get back the money for resale, but if someone wishes to purchase your Jeep to tow, it will most likely seal the deal.

Your jeep will also come with automatic sway control that adds braking force to individual wheels to dampen a swaying trailer.

Very well integrated towing system for just a bit more than the cost and hassle of installing a aftermarket hitch.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Don't forget about the load leveling rear suspension you get with non quadra lift vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I never expected to tow, I wouldn't get it - I'd let the next guy install an aftermarket hitch. Since I do often tow, I got it. The factory hitch package is a very nice, complete package, much better IMO than an aftermarket setup.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The fact that you're wondering about it is probably reason enough to get it. You never know when it will come in handy and then everything is already there, built right in from the factory. Like has been said, you get quite a bit for the $695, including a full-size spare tire.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Always, always order the heavy tow group. Best choice either for resale or possible future use. Better cooling and most of the time more items are upgraded than is listed. Great value from the factory. Adding a hitch afterward and wiring is not even close to the factory package.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
tow group is pretty inexpensive for what you get.

Not only do you get the beautifully mounted and tucked in fully engineered trailer hitch, but all the electronics that go along with it, and the extra cooling for engine and transmission. You get the integrated dual plug in for lights and trailer braking and tow/haul button on the dash.

You will most likely never get back the money for resale, but if someone wishes to purchase your jeep to tow, it will most likely seal the deal.

Your jeep will also come with automatic sway control that adds braking force to individual wheels to dampen a swaying trailer.

Very well integrated towing system for just a bit more than the cost and hassle of installing a aftermarket hitch.

qft!

·
Registered
48 Posts
specifically, how is the ride quality difference between one equipped with the tow group and the load leveling rear shocks and just a stock factory 4X4 suspension?

Also hearing about reliability issues of the Nivomats (load leveling rear shocks) but I guess somewhat of a separate issue because I am specifically wondering about daily driving quality for someone rarely ever going to tow anything...

Its my last piece of the puzzle before I go purchase and begin my build of RRO spacer lift, Bora Wheel spacers and 275/55/20 tires. much appreciated to help me determine if tow group is good idea or not based on the ride quality, I am 50/50 but always do prefer the option of having a tow package just in case, but not if I am sacrificing ride quality and reliability and hassle.

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
The ride quality with the Factory Towing option is just as good as without, IMHO. No reason not to get it for how little it costs to add to your factory order or to a vehicle that has it that's on the lot. And it's not something you can add later...it's not just suspension.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good point Jim! Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. Glad to hear there should be no difference in ride quality.

And to your point if the Nivomat LL shocks fail, and I want to replace with something else that is much easier to add different shocks and springs than trying to add the components of the TG IV on later.

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
Even if you could add all the Factory Towing option features for your particular trim/engine later...you'd still not have the higher towing ratings.

·
Registered
2011 JGC
254 Posts
Yep,yep,yep...........as with others,tow package,to me,is a big deal,I use it frequently,but I would want it for myself anyway as it comes with the upgrades from the alternator,cooling etc all the way back,and is well designed nicely situated in the rear bumper,an aftermarket you would lose alittle ground clearance,with non of the factory upgrades.I have a 5X10 trailer I use to haul motorcycles with a chock mounted in it,but also for visits to the dump.Well worth the extra $795 or so.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts