Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I tow a ~6,000 travel trailer with my 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland v8. I am cautious to use the Tow/Haul button because it went into high RPMs. I can't remember how high it went, but I am not used to hearing the high RPMs. Is it expected to use this mode while driving at highway speeds? I typically drive 65 MPH and 70 while passing.

Is it safe to push the button to engage and disengage it while driving at 65 - 70 MPH? There are a few flat parts along the freeway between my house and the campsites I visit and I would think it's better to take it out of Tow/Haul mode, maybe?

Thanks,
Courtney

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To me, that read doesn't clarify if I'm expected to enable it at highway speeds while towing and no harm will be done. Everything seems like a hill while towing 5540 lbs.

If it's enabled and I'm in the passing lane is it ok to hit around 4000 RPM to finish the pass?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm reporting back that my engine seemed much happier with tow haul mode engaged while towing my trailer this past week. Kept it engaged the entire 2.5 hour trip down to the Ozark mountains via interstate and county roads and it was a much smoother driving experience. I feel dumb not using it before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts