Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
At the very low speed you'd be maneuvering the lift on your lawn, I don't see and issue. But I wouldn't recommend it for "on the road". 4-low really is for "crawling".

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Mongo, JGC is full time 4WD, regardless. Perhaps you mention something else by "Part Time 4WD"?

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
JGC center differential exists and is "open", so it fits the definition of Full Time 4WD/AWD as you noted, DriveAbout. That's why it's so flexible in various conditions...it can be a nice, gentle "AWD" type experience on the highway while offering advanced tricks and capabilities in more difficult situations with QT-II/QD--II. I really appreciate how it was engineered in that respect.

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
I remain in disagreement with your logic, Mongo. A 4x4 JGC is 4WD/AWD all the time. There is no method to make it 2WD, outside of disconnecting something physically. 4LOW is the most "4WD" it gets, even based on your description. But no matter...it's not really relevant to the OP's question.

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
There is a method to make it RWD and it doesn't require physical modification, it's called pulling the F77 fuse which disables the "AWD/4x4" system and makes it RWD only. On QDII vehicles this also disables the ELSD but the brake lock differential still functions
What are the physical ramifications for running this way? I cannot imagine Jeep intended for this to be a way to use the vehicle.

Reactions: WK2-Overland

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
peta, as long as 4lo is used in conditions specified (off hard surfaces), there shouldn't be any wear acceleration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts