Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the jeep I have had it when purchased because I have the original window sticker with matching vin# but why is there no air levels when I scroll through evic. Did the previous owner get new tires and not keep the system or what could cause this to not show up. It's a 2005 gc limited with a 4.7

· Registered
990 Posts
I believe that is a different system, I have the 06 JGC 4.7 and TMPS, it only tells me when a tire gets low with a yellow dash icon.
This is correct. There are 2 tire pressure monitoring systems available. The "premium" system includes the special valve stems that monitor the tire pressure. It also includes four wheel sensor transponders, 3 in the wheel wells (2 front 1 rear) and one for the spare. These sensors allow the computer to tell which pressure goes with which tire. The fourth rotating tire is classified by a process of elimination. This is the only system that reports the pressure of each tire (except the spare...though it is monitored and will trip the warning light if low)

The "basic" TPMS includes the same valve stems, but only a centrally located receiver module. So, it can tell when a tire is low but not resolve which tire it is, so it just throws the amber tire pressure warning light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.