Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello crew! My name is Jay, and I have a question about tpm sensors. I bought 4 tires that came off of a 2017 JGC Limited, and I put them on my 2015 JGC 2015, the tpm sensors are not working on my jeep. Is there a way to reset them to make them work with my 2015 GC?

·
Registered
2008 Jeep JKU
26 Posts
Hello crew! My name is Jay, and I have a question about tpm sensors. I bought 4 tires that came off of a 2017 JGC Limited, and I put them on my 2015 JGC 2015, the tpm sensors are not working on my jeep. Is there a way to reset them to make them work with my 2015 GC?
I have a 2008 JKU and bought some 2019 tires and wheels, my TPMS light stayed on and did some research and found out they changed the frequency on the newer models. So if they did it on the JK's i'm sure Chrysler did it on all the Jeeps.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think so. Sensors changed beginning with the 2016 model year. Unless you have a very late 2015 manufacture date you're gong to have to source new sensors. Been there, done that with my current 2015.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,971 Posts
Yep, in 2016 M/Y they changed TPMS sensors with a different frequency, there is no way to get before/after 2016 TPMS sensors to work with TPMS systems opposite the cut-off....

You can get pre-programmed for you vehicle TPMS sensors at RockAuto much, much cheaper than the Dealership, like a set of 4 for the same price the Dealer charges for 1......

eBay even cheaper, but be careful, I got ripped off on TPMS sensors from eBay, read the auction very, very carefully.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,971 Posts
You'll still have to pay a tire shop a lot to install them, because it requires unmounting the tires, re-mounting and balancing them again.....

Shop around, some of the newer tire mounting machine have TPMS mounting attachments, that allows them to break the bead on side only, and hold the side of the tire pressed down to just change out the TPMS sensor / Valve Stem, in theory if the new TPMS sensor is the same weight/CG, you wouldn't need to balance it either... ....so there may be a shop in your town that will swap TPMS sensors much cheaper and faster than the others.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, in 2016 M/Y they changed TPMS sensors with a different frequency, there is no way to get before/after 2016 TPMS sensors to work with TPMS systems opposite the cut-off....

You can get pre-programmed for you vehicle TPMS sensors at RockAuto much, much cheaper than the Dealership, like a set of 4 for the same price the Dealer charges for 1......

eBay even cheaper, but be careful, I got ripped off on TPMS sensors from eBay, read the auction very, very carefully.
Great info...really appreciate your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts